What's new

JOBS TO DO!

jonhond

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX T
:wacko:

Now, not being any good at diy, unless it's house, I 've a few jobs to do and a mate in Bristol should be good for them...used to maintain my Volvo's, so a Hondy should be a new challenge, well 1 job anyway!!

Brake pads low after MOT so checked Eurocarparts. £31 for Pagids, per axle. Just fronts so should be ok?? Had Pagids on the Volvo and they were excellent.
Got the Meyle rear droplinks to fit. What's on there is fine but the Meyle's should improve it further?

Big one is the clicking aux belt. Not sure whether he'll be ok with that. No loss of battery power so the alternator is working but I guess worn. Is just the belt change going to help or not? Or, is it an alternator job too??!! Think he'll be ok with belt change. Alternator may be bridge too far. Checked alternators on ebay and £150-£200 can get me one. Avoid if possible.

Thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers guys,

Jon

By the way, 6 months in and loving the car :D

If the existing drop links aren't broken or loose, then fitting new ones can't make any difference. I'd definitely leave that job for now, but check that the RARB bushes aren't worn and should therefore also be replaced when the drop links do need replacing.

Pagids are pretty good. If it was only the fronts that were said to be low then I wouldn't bother replacing the rears.

:D Thanks Jon. Brakes and belt it will be. Check ARB's and hold the links! Good quality they are too!!