What's new

Juddering while driving

HiiTeN_

Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S Tourer
Hi all,

Been awhile since I last posted. Since then I’ve done a lot of work to my car in terms of modifications and such but I’ll leave that for another post.
As the subject suggests I’m experiencing juddering while I’m driving in 2nd and 3rd gear from 1000rpm to 2000rpm and then stops. I’m ***uming it’s the rear lower torque mount. But maybe you guys have had different experiences.
if anyone could shed some light on this it would be great.
I’ve read on there that that could be the culprit but just wanted to be sure.
Thanks
Update: I have ‘cleaned’ the Injectors using a fuel additive and it has stopped the juddering but I’m not experiencing a mild shake at the same RPM in 2nd and 3rd gear

Last edited:
i have this on mine, im 90% sure its worn splines on the intermediate drive shaft causing driveline vibration

i have this on mine, im 90% sure its worn splines on the intermediate drive shaft causing driveline vibration
Yea, have had a look and inspected the car seems like it’s coming from there. Just gunna replace both Driveshafts and any components along with them

Thought I'd update here, it turned out to be the driveshafts. Swapped them out for 2 Shaftec units and the car drives like new again!

same, changed inner and outer shaft on the drivers side, completely gone
What brand did you use?

I don't have vibrations but have corrosion on passenger side shaft that connects to wheel. Looking to just replace the whole lot.