What's new

Just a few niggly problems

rumsam2006

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2litre exec
Hi everyone again, its been a while since I've been on here hope all is well!

Well its been a good few weeks since I bought my accord and been really impressed with it, there is just a couple of little problems probably nothing but I've got ocd when it comes to cars lol, its a 2 litre petrol before I start, anyway firstly being it only idles at between 6 and 7 hundred rpm It doesn't go up and down and feels fine but seems a bit low to me? Secondly when it turn the steering when stationary it revs up a bit to compensate the power steering it seems? Then goes back to normal revs when u let go, this doesn't happen when driving or at speed just when stood still, and thirdly I never really use air con unless it is overly hot outside, the air con works fine and gets freezing cold the fan itself is a little noisy but works on all speeds fine but when I put the air con on when stationary it kind of strains a little and loweres the revs for a few seconds then goes back to normal, this persists when stationary but when you are moving is fine also! I have noticed the power steering and air con look to be on the same belt and hoping its nothing serious! The car runs drives and handles fine there are only these problems well not problems if u can bear the slight change in revs lol that need looking at! If I have the air con off it seems to be fine? Sorry about the essay people but hope to get some answers please be good ones lol...........

All normal mate the noise you hear is the air compressor kicking in and out.

All normal mate, nothing to worry about. The petrol accord is very reliable indeed

All this is good to hear, the reason I bought a honda is for the reliability! I know there are good and bad cars even within good manufacture names, mine seems like a good one so far :)