What's new

Just bought 06 Accord 2.2 EX CTDI with fault code P1237

Update I've just replaced the old fuel filter with a genuine Honda fuel filter and even though it feels a bit better the boost on turbo still cuts out around 3k revs but there are no warning lights coming on , Its going dark now so ill have a go at swapping the solenoids over in the morning

Ive just swapped both solenoids over from my wife's car but its still the same , I thought it may of been the fuel filter because the old filter I replaced was not a genuine Honda filter and looked like it had been on the car for a good while , there are no warning lights on the car , it picks up brilliantly and you can hear the turbo boosting strongly up to 3k revs then it feels like the turbo has stopped boosting ?

Ive just swapped both solenoids over from my wife's car but its still the same , I thought it may of been the fuel filter because the old filter I replaced was not a genuine Honda filter and looked like it had been on the car for a good while , there are no warning lights on the car , it picks up brilliantly and you can hear the turbo boosting strongly up to 3k revs then it feels like the turbo has stopped boosting ?
Sorry the fault finding didn't cure it, I take it the turbo isn't making any unusual noises as you have not mentioned this previously? You've checked for leaking vacuum pipes from the solenoid and anything else around the turbo? It could be the veins as Jimbo stated but I'm no expert.

Hopefully you'll find a descent garage that will be able to diagnose the issue for you, keep us informed and best of luck.

Result the cars fixed but don't know how or why , my local mechanic fitted a new dual mass flywheel this morning and since I got the car back its fixed , it now revs all the way into the red and the turbo boosts all the way up , I rang the mechanic to ask if he'd found any vacuum pipes off etc but he said no he just removed and replaced the dual mass ???