What's new

Just Part Exchanged My Honda Accord Diesel 2005 For New Car

crackers

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Diesel 2005
Hi first time post but thought someone might like a bargain.

I am entitled to a motability car so I traded my old faithful a 2005 Honda Accord 2.2 Diesel to pay for a higher spec motability car. I had this Accord for 7 years and it never let me down. I got all the warranty work done on it VSA, timing chain, manifold etc plus it always had it's service and oil changes by a Honda main dealer. I put 4 new Bridgstone all weather tyres on her not long ago as well. The car has done 119000 mainly motorway miles. It was hard letting the car go but I needed a car with 7 seats. I got £1,100 as a trade in so if anyone is interested in buying my old Honda I am sure the main dealer would sell it cheap as it would save them the auction fees. I have nothing financially to gain from this just wanted to give someone who is looking for a reliable Accord the heads up. If anyone is interested I can PM the main dealer garage where I got my new car from.

Have you already traded it in then?

Yes I have. Picked up the new car yesterday and left my old Honda sitting there in their forecourt.
Now driving around in my motability car. I have nothing to gain as my deal is done and dusted.
As I say the Accord will be a bargain for someone.

The car is too old for their forecourt. It's a main dealer. He is going to put it straight into auction and see what he can get for it.
He probably already made his money by selling me a brand new one.

Should've told us before you handed the car over.

What's done is done though. What did you replace it with?

Nah I couldn't be bothered with the haggle of a private sell.
It was a quick deal for me because he had an unregistered car from stock.
I reckon if someone offers him £800-£900 before it goes to auction he will take it.

I trades my 05 tourer diesel in about a month ago it had 130000 miles but the mot had ran out I only got £800 then I seen it at another dealers for sale at £2200. Unfortunately it needs a new clutch I doubt it has been done though.

It's been sold and someones got a bargain. The new owner of my old Honda phoned me today to ask me what maintenance has been done on the car.
I told him everything including all the Honda warranty work apart from the clutch which has never given me any problems.
I asked him how much he paid for it and he said £825 "sold as seen" with only the 3 months MOT that it had left plus he had to pay for the road tax.
He seemed really happy. I am going to miss the Accord it was a great car to drive on long journeys and never once let me down in the 7 years of ownership. Oh well, onward and upwards as they say.

I would say that is a bargain. I paid almost double for a diesel accord , with 5 owners and 0 service history:( . Also a cat d . Don't know what was in my head when I bought this car, but to be honest I've searched online for accords for a month, every day. Seen a few of them, all heaps, in the worst condition I have ever seen , and asking the same price. At least this one looks decent for the age and considering it is a cat d .....

Lucky guy the new owner...