What's new

K24/k20?

johnnygti

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord executive
Been looking at getting the car supercharged or something but seen people are putting the k20 head onto them and achieving big power gains! Anyone have any info or a thread on this?

go to www.hybridracing.com there is a full build thread on how to do it on there with a step by step guide. if you go down that route you could do with changing the gearbox too a k20 one as it has better ratio's

Anojan on here put the K20 head onto his K24 engine, and his problems have been documented somewhere on here.

My advice would be to find a company who will supercharge the K24. This mod has been done before, especially in the states, and HUUUUGE gains have been seen. Obviously the gain that you get will be determind by how deep your pockets are, and how much of a build you are willing to do on the block i.e, Rods, sleeves, pistons, map etc.

I really hope you do decide to go for some FI on the K24 as i think it's an EPIC mod.

Anojan on here put the K20 head onto his K24 engine, and his problems have been documented somewhere on here.

My advice would be to find a company who will supercharge the K24. This mod has been done before, especially in the states, and HUUUUGE gains have been seen. Obviously the gain that you get will be determind by how deep your pockets are, and how much of a build you are willing to do on the block i.e, Rods, sleeves, pistons, map etc.

I really hope you do decide to go for some FI on the K24 as i think it's an EPIC mod.

Does this forum recommend any tuners in the uk that know there stuff about F I on this engine?

Guys im trying to sort something out myself on this by looking on TSX CLUB forum in the states but for this Mod your looking at around 4-5 k

Guys im trying to sort something out myself on this by looking on TSX CLUB forum in the states but for this Mod your looking at around 4-5 k
brett mate i have rate your determination and courage,no-one (as far as im aware)is pushing a supercharger in uk as of yet..rooting for ya buddy

There is not a lot of info on this but i can wait as i need to save anyway :lol:

brett mate i have rate your determination and courage,no-one (as far as im aware)is pushing a supercharger in uk as of yet..rooting for ya buddy
I echo this Brett! if you want any help just ask, most of us can email and make some calls. All Hail Brett!! :p

I echo this Brett! if you want any help just ask, most of us can email and make some calls. All Hail Brett!! :p
Thanks Robert Oz was the one that gave me some links to the USA forums so just looking at the min :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjBHnL4uCvg&list=UU89xLkB59RODhFqjKZdp8Xg&index=5&feature=plcp

Brett this is just some motivation! B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjBHnL4uCvg&list=UU89xLkB59RODhFqjKZdp8Xg&index=5&feature=plcp

Brett this is just some motivation! B)
Woah this makes me really want to do an engine conversion :lol: Brett if that noise is not motivation bud I don't know what is..

There are a few k24 hybrid ep3's up here and it works out to be a really good compromise between power and economy especially in the lighter ep3 chassis. 240bhp and near 200lbft is achievable with just bolt ons and a good map. I know the icetronix guys in ireland have made 300bhp NA k24 builds before with a wee bit more work. The problem with the uk cars is mapping and so far the only thing that works 100% perfect is the motec m400 with the dbw add on throttle controller but it cost anojan £2200 for the ecu and mapping alone!

Kpro loses vsa and cruise control but if you can live with that you can use a tsx ecu to get kpro working. Then you'll make the most of the gains if you can switch the VTC gear for one that goes to 45 degrees either by getting your own one machined or getting a dc5/ep3 with a mechanical blocker to stop it going to 50 degrees as that could mean piston to valve impact. For supercharging k series in the uk there are only really a few main top garages that most people recommend. TDi North, CPL and TTS so it just depends who's closest to you. There are other garage but ive no idea on how many supercharger conversions they've done, let alone to a uk CL9.

With my car im gonna stick to a slight NA build as i dont think the car needs that much more power with the way i can carry speed through the corners, it just really needs a wee perk up and a proper vtec window

There are a few k24 hybrid ep3's up here and it works out to be a really good compromise between power and economy especially in the lighter ep3 chassis. 240bhp and near 200lbft is achievable with just bolt ons and a good map. I know the icetronix guys in ireland have made 300bhp NA k24 builds before with a wee bit more work. The problem with the uk cars is mapping and so far the only thing that works 100% perfect is the motec m400 with the dbw add on throttle controller but it cost anojan £2200 for the ecu and mapping alone!

Kpro loses vsa and cruise control but if you can live with that you can use a tsx ecu to get kpro working. Then you'll make the most of the gains if you can switch the VTC gear for one that goes to 45 degrees either by getting your own one machined or getting a dc5/ep3 with a mechanical blocker to stop it going to 50 degrees as that could mean piston to valve impact. For supercharging k series in the uk there are only really a few main top garages that most people recommend. TDi North, CPL and TTS so it just depends who's closest to you. There are other garage but ive no idea on how many supercharger conversions they've done, let alone to a uk CL9.

With my car im gonna stick to a slight NA build as i dont think the car needs that much more power with the way i can carry speed through the corners, it just really needs a wee perk up and a proper vtec window
heard good stuff about tdinorth bro,they done that recent turbo civic type-r ircc,also torque developments : http://www.tdi-plc.com/ seem to be able to get parts etc etc.i got speaking to them at the last hc meet at south mimms,also hond-r might be of good help,ryan with the blue mugen bodykit know them well :)

here is a informative guide to k24 tuning possibilities.

http://www.hondata.com/tuning_k24a2_tsx_engine.html

Should be having a meeting with a local mechanic who might be able to make my dreams reality. I will keep you posted. :D

Should be having a meeting with a local mechanic who might be able to make my dreams reality. I will keep you posted. :D
Keep me posted Rob i might join you ;)

Personally i wouldnt use a k20 head there good for a direct bolt on and remap but if you want good flow get the k24 head port and polished as they have more meat on them and how much power are you expecting? the K24A3's are good for 350bhp on stock internals but for a daily i wouldnt go past 300 if you want more buy pistons and rods then your good for anything upto 600 on stock sleeves but then it is seriously un drivable i got a friend who done a K24/k20 frank swap running 12.5:1 C/R NA with 300bhp and that gets used as a daily so if you want someone to fit the supercharger or build an engine i know several people who will do it and at a good price PM me bud