What's new

K24A3 with k20 oil pump, safe rev limit

rollin

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord K24 Type S
Two of my friends have already made reflash.
But I think that if pick up a little rpm limiter will be much better.
I think to buy K20 oil pump for my 04 Accord K24A3 but wonder as to where the safe maximum engine rpm?

These are the two dino graphics.
before-after.jpg

2rfwpyd.jpg

Hey Nedko.

As far as u can see, both engines ( in their current config ) , stops to build power at approx 7500rpms. So no any sense to rev it more, it will be just stress for nothing. Stock oil pump has balance shafts to reduce vibrations, they are quite big and heavy and some power (3-4hp) consumed to rev em up. Once you replace it with k20 pump ( which was made with sport in mind and dont use balance shafts ) youll release that power and oil pressure will go up as well ( which is always good for lubricating ).

So basically its a passive power mod based on reducing weight. Same as lightweight pulleys, wheels, etc.

Still worth to buy when I get some more horsepower for $ 100 ...
I have more lightweight flywheel and lightweight pulleys of UR, thermal gasket for intake manifold, eliminating resonator box (as you advise me) with K & N panel filter.

At those rpm you crank won't last long, don't rev shift to try and make power, as all ready said anything past 7500 is more then likely a waste

Đ¢his really is not good ...
I still think that will have a positive effect by high revs, but I don't know whether it is worth the risk?
At high revs note max 8000 rpm