What's new

Key fob battery

Tanna

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi,

My key fob battery died then went to a elecrical shop yesturday to have the battery replaced and it worked perfectly. When I tried to open the car today it didn't work the battery has been drained for some odd reason??

Is my Key fob messed up or did the guy give me a cheap battery? Although he charged £4.50 and said it was a high quality battery :huh:

I would get a new battery as its the cheapest solution to your problem. Who knows how long that battery has been in his shop you cant get good quality batteries from most places.

I would get a new battery as its the cheapest solution to your problem. Who knows how long that battery has been in his shop you cant get good quality batteries from most places.
Went back to the shop and the guy replaced the battery free of charge. It's working fine as of now who knows could have been a dodgy battery or a problem with my remote!!

Never heard of that and I would pass this problem to the dealer to solve in think.

Battery replaced three times but only seems to last a day before it goes flat.

And yes I did use brand new batteries. The fob did get wet so think it may have messed it up some how?

Battery replaced three times but only seems to last a day before it goes flat.

And yes I did use brand new batteries. The fob did get wet so think it may have messed it up some how?

Just buy yourself a second hand key and swap the insides with your original key then re code it with the help of my guide in the DIY section.