What's new

key fob door opening?

tonygnome

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4Ex
Hi all

On our Accord you press the door open button once to open the drivers door and twice to open all the doors (same as everyone else?). I don't drive the Accord too often, once/twice a week since the wife uses it mainly, but when I come to use it I always forget the two pushes in the key fob thing. Then I have the family standing outside while I'm sitting in it :( It does my head in.

So can I change the sequence of how the buttons work? I have RTFMS and know about the keeping the open button pressed to open all the windows / sunroof (great feature), but can I change the fob operation?

Thanks in advance

Tony

I don't know if you can change the function of the unlock button, but that feature of only unlocking the driver's door on the first press annoys me too. I always forget to press it twice when I have passengers.

I just generally tend to press the buttons twice anyway but then agian I only have a sixth Gen.

it's took me a while to get used to double click, but I remember the security in that ONLY the drivers door unlocks on 1 click, no other doors or boot work, for some reason the inversly reminds me to double press, that and 4 days a week the kids getting in quickly got me into teh habbit.

on a side note, friends BMW Z4 can do a bunch of stuff related to the fob, programmable with the right diagnostic software hooked up to it
much as we're pro Honda, they still have 'some' catching up to do in certain areas.

J