What's new

Key Fob

Peterbfd

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen GT
Hi All,

My key fob is looking tired and the key seems to stick out a little as though the spring is a little weak.

I am think of replacing the casing and the spring mechanism by using the below :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261914914654?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

I have converted an old style 7th Gen into a flip key before and was simple enough.
Has anybody done the 8th Gen, is there anything I should be careful of or is it just open and replace ?

Thanks
Peter

Hi Peter,
I too am looking at tackling this job and the parts you showed off E bay are great value,
Did you find out more or indeed do the job?
Jason

Hi Jason,

Yes, I purchased the part and it fitted fine.
No issues to worry about regarding the key code at all.

The buttons are not as shiny as the original but it is a great improvement.

Peter

I did the conversion on my EP-Civic key, and to be honest it didn't feel like good quality in my hand. Kind of light weight and plastic.

Is this better? Thinking of doing this to my 7th gen.

Obviously a cover is not going to be as good as the original but it depends on the condition of what you have.

My buttons were faded and looked very poor, so in this case it looks a lot better and as new (albeit a little different).
I personally just changed the front 2 sections and the silver buttons as I wanted to keep the back part as this have a H already attached.

The one I purchased did has a H but it was not attached and didn't fancy gluing it down and worrying about it popping off.
I will add a pic of my tonight....

I also converted my 7th Gen from a standard key to a flip when I had my 7th Gen

Peter