What's new

Key fobs disintegrating

phil the greek

Members
Reaction score
Car
'05 accord tourer
I got two keys with my '05 Accord 2.0 Tourer poverty spec wot I bought last January.

Both have got copious amounts of black tape holding them together.

I have taken the tape off the main key, and the key blade is looser than a very loose thing.

I can see some key fob blanks advertised on ebay for about £6, but the seller seems to have had a fair bit of bad feedback about keys not working etc.

All I really need is the keycase, then hopefully I can transfer the circuit board, battery, buttons and key blade from my knackered key case into the new one, and Hey Presto: banish knackered key misery forever.

There ain't no way I'm paying £200 for a new key from Honda.

Has anyone tried this? any other suggestions? I need the 3 button case 'cos I've got the remote boot release thing which, amazingly, still works.

Thanks in advance - cheers - philip

some good glue?...araldite is a good option. trouble is the key (blade) is built into the case hense the problem swapping them over.

some good glue?...araldite is a good option. trouble is the key (blade) is built into the case hense the problem swapping them over.
Are you sure the blade is built in to the case? I can waggle the blade side to side and it's loose, so I thought that splitting the plastic case open and I could transfer the blade to a new case.

I thought about the araldite option too, but then if you need to change the battery......

I know - new battery, araldite, job's a good'un !

ive tryed mate. the reason it is loose is because the blade has snapped free from the case. try just glueing the blade into the case first and then unless the case is ******d aswell you should be able to clip them together

Mate, is your car really stretched??? Or is that just a photoshop job???