What's new

Key remote

brennthemutt

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord type v
Again I need advise on my accord, yesterday one of my remotes opened car, drove to town locked ok, and then went to golf (yes golf in winter) but it wouldn't work after this light at front works ok but no action, the spare worked fine when I got home. my question is can I buy another poss off ebay with everything intact and re-programme it to my car.

Also when I locked car with key (spare in house) alarm was sounding same when I opened it and had to drive home with lights flashing alarm etc, can you not override alarm with key if the remote goes faulty again.

Any advise welcome folks.

Using the key in the drivers door lock will disable the alarm :)

TIN-MAN said:
Using the key in the drivers door lock will disable the alarm :)
I had the same problem as Jay Bee, the key will not disable the alarm on a Type V, only the fob will

I bought a second-hand fob from eBay for £8.00 and reprogrammed it using the instructions on the forum. Make sure you check the serial number on the circuit board of one of your current fobs so you get the right one.

Guys thats perfect, i did speak to the service dept at dealer who say not possible to reprogram second hand ones but parts guy say yes u can, typical dealer, will buy off ebay first and try to program me thinks.Ta folks will add photo of car shortly when it ever stops raining that is.

Smudger32 said:
I had the same problem as Jay Bee, the key will not disable the alarm on a Type V, only the fob will
Is your key fob infrared or frequency, as mine is frequency so if yours works on infrared then is could explain the difference. To check look where the interior light is and check for a small black tinted doom. This is the receiver.

Thanks

Mike the bike said:
I bought a second-hand fob from eBay for £8.00 and reprogrammed it using the instructions on the forum. Make sure you check the serial number on the circuit board of one of your current fobs so you get the right one.
Where can i see those instructions?
Thanks