What's new

key

j5nsr

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord icdti tourer
Hi everyone just out the blue my doors don't lock or unlock with the fob i have a spare key and that does'nt work either i have only changed the master window switch on the driver side car still locks and activates the alarm with the key directly in the drivers door??

the battery in the your main key may have gone flat this maybe the case with the spare as well (even if you haven't used it) or the spare may have just lost the plot they use rolling codes and the spare key gets so far behind due to no use they then don't work

I agree with Paul on this on my old vectra the key used to not work some times and if you put the key in the ignition and press the button to open the car that reset the key.now im not sure if that works the same for the accord but might be worth a go

hi thanks for the quick responce is there any procedure for replacing the battery in the fob/key
ie put the key in ignition hold down buttons??!! like on some cars?!

No, just open replace the battery close. Instructions are in your owners manual.

if the keys still start the car i would suggest changing the batteries as a start. you may find the central locking needs re-coding which is simple enough to do and does not require a hds. let us know how you get on after changing the batteries.

Hi an update went to honda dealers avonvale shirley told them the problem
they said take a seat in the customer lounge and have a drink and we will check it 45 minutes later they came back and said all done just needed recoding and guess how much it cost? £0 free! and they said bring the other key and we will recode that one iswell free! have honda dealers gone soft or is it my luck?!

Good result there mate, customer service as it should be. :blush:

a good honda dealer that. its simple to do so long as its just the central locking that needs coding. just a series of turning the ignition on and off while pressing the lock button on the fob.

Still credit due where credit is due - lots of places would stiff you £50+ for the honour.

Thanks everyone for your help and yes they are a good dealership as i had my timing chain done free and
my mates they did not ask for any service history BUT when my mate went in they tried to fob him off by
saying the noise was coming from the gearbox? :lol: i think they will try and fob you off if you don't know
much about the accord but all thanks to this forum you can't go wrong keep the info coming people ;)