What's new

knocking felt when accelerating and braking

leemond80

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 ICTDI Sport
Third problem in as many weeks lol but hopefully this will be an easy one.

I am feeling a knock through the steering when accelerating and braking its not massive but definitely noticeable. It feels like there is some sort of part moving but thats as much as i can tell at the moment.

Anyone know what it could be?

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Not that this will help but I got a knocking motion when i accelerate but its a can of de-icer in the boot! hmmm, can you feel it only through the steering wheel or seat?

and the knock only happens once until i either slow down again or accelerate again then it will happen again.

Lee this could be a number of things from loose callipers or disks or a drive shaft problem.
My advice is get the car on the ramp for inspection as we can only guess really.

Lee this could be a number of things from loose callipers or disks or a drive shaft problem.
My advice is get the car on the ramp for inspection as we can only guess really.

What brett said, we look for the simple things first and if it cant be solved then ramp it and an expert eye on it.

I was really asking to see if anyone had come across this before so when i do take it to Honda to be looked at they have something to go on.

Last time i took it to Chiswick Honda they only suggested the drop link which was then done at HH. However the knock is still there.

Yeah that was the drop link, or I think it is at least. Will have to check the receipt...

Worst case it could be a steering column, Waj had his replaced and had similar symptoms. You can try setting the steering extreme opposite (rake etc) to what you usually have and see if theirs a difference. also can grease the spline the column adjusts on .But it can be a number of things.

Thats the best thing, I know Waj only finally diagnosed it when he took it too honda. Not saying yours is the column, its probably be something simple arb/bushes or control arms etc...

I thought I would mention that this issue was cleared up when the DMF and clutch were changed. It looks like the DMF was the cause all along then.

Hi Max, the DMF is the dual mass flywheel and it is an expensive bit of kit to replace if it goes. I sourced the part myself and got Honda to fit it, that was the cheapest way.

Do you have similar problems?

Hi Max, the DMF is the dual mass flywheel and it is an expensive bit of kit to replace if it goes. I sourced the part myself and got Honda to fit it, that was the cheapest way.

Do you have similar problems?
can you have a look at max thread lee, you might be the best person to help.....cheers bud