What's new

Knocking Steering - PolyBush?

Soupie.Crouton

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX 2.2l iDTEC
Hiya everyone!

Long time lurker and this is my first post!

I can hear knocking noises coming from the front drivers side suspension when going over speed bumps etc. I've been told its probably the bushes. I checked the drop link arms and they seem to be intact.

everyone has recomneded polybushes, but after a quick call, they say the Accord isnt listed. Does anyone have the bush sizes for the 8th Gen? I can maybe just purchase the correct sized ones (generic) and get my local indy to fit them.

a bit about the car:
2008 8th Gen 2.2 iDTEC EX
156K on the clock

any suspension gurus around that could help me out?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome Tony,

The Accord is quite a low volume car, so I guess they haven't bothered to make poly bushes for it. I would expect either the drop links or anti-roll bar mounting bushes are worn. I think the Civic suffers a lot with drop link wear, so maybe our Accord is the same.

I think you need to get it diagnosed first to see which ones have gone.

Remember we get club discount from Holdcroft Honda and free postage, so OEM parts might not be too pricey.

Rich

Just a quick update on this thread... Maybe close it off...

Just had my clutch and flywheel replaced at Holdcroft Honda in stoke on trent.

The knocking has disappeared (hopefully for good) so i'm guessing it was something that had vibrates loose over time that they nipped back up when doing the DMF and clutch...

See my other post for my clutch issues!!

The knocking is back!!!

It's a clunk as i wobble the steering sharply and quickly from side to side.

Is it the bushes then? I guess the OEM Honda Bushes are good enough, and there is no reason to migrate to polybushes. They have lasted for 154K miles so i guess its worthwhile.

I dont mind going aftermarket if OEM fails. Anyone have the dimesions.