What's new

Lacking in performance?

adam123

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Type s
Hi guys well hopefully on pay day I'll be looking at getting littlebo remap on the type s tourer. I decided to treat myself to a bluetooth OBD reader and used the torque pro app.

Here's my problem, it has a 0-60mph timer built on, obviously I've attempted this a number of times (on private land) and the quickest I've gotten is 9.4 seconds!!! The book says 7.7

I know the car is 12years old and few of the horses may of escaped but I expected more? Rightly or wrongly I'm not sure.

The test was VSA off (seemed to hinder the first few attempts) revs holding at 4k with the clutch biting and then woooosh!! No time wasted on wheel spin and good gear changes, changing at around 6800rpm.

Any thoughts??

Rear brakes binding ?
Having said that i find book 0-60 times to be unrealistic too , i tried every car I've owned and some get nowhere near advertised times , and some do better lol

I don't know for sure. I bought the car with 110k miles and had it serviced but I can't find any record of valve clearances.

I suspect it could be due to the clutch slip you'll get at 4k costing you time before it bites fully.

They should be checked every 25k. I would get them checked.

I'm not sure how it ever got near 7.7 seconds. I've found holding at 4k to be the quickest. From no revs then setting off is mid 10s if I recall correctly.

I might have a look at valve clearances next weekend

I think 4k might be causing 2much wheelspin.
Try 2.5-3K. Change at 7000-7100 RPM. I think you can hit 60mph in second gear. With this approach you should be a little quicker.

I'm not getting any wheel spin at 4k to be honest but I'll definately give it a go and try changing at 7k instead

Thanks

Would it be best to take it as far as possible before the limiter on the first gear change then?

I genuinely have been using private land. It would be near impossible to try a 0-60 in my area

No wheel spin with 4K launch and VSA off ... Then there must be some problem.
If I would do that, then my wheels would keep spinning till around 25-30 mph in dry conditions, after that I get grip, even with my 225/45/17 Michelins Pilot Sport 3...

Clutch control ;) It's probably not good for your clutch but if you get the bite right and let the clutch out at the right rate then you can launch at crazy RPM's and not spin the wheels. The feeling is great as well when you launch a car properly :D

Josh2109 said:
Clutch control ;) It's probably not good for your clutch but if you get the bite right and let the clutch out at the right rate then you can launch at crazy RPM's and not spin the wheels. The feeling is great as well when you launch a car properly :D
Definitely not good for your clutch by launching at high rpm's without wheel spin... In most cases you will smell it :unsure:

As above with Josh. I'm not dumping the clutch. I can get the wheels to spin if I want to

Depending on what level of service was done on the car, they may or may not have changed the fuel filter. A clogged fuel filter will reduce performance somewhat and the same goes for spark plugs being missed out at service, I would also recommend gapping the plugs before fitting, the garage would not have done this.