What's new

Leak off connector

john.t5

Members
Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord Tourer
8th Gen Tourer iDTEC, I've just had a mechanic replace all the brass seals on the injectors, all sealed no leaks but there is a leak from the leak off pipe connector on one injector, I have a feeling it just hasn't clipped on properly but I can't figure out how the fooking thing comes off so I can refit it. Hate clips like this and the fookers that feel the need to try their best to make a new one to baffle people how it works... properly angry lol

Anyway HELP!!!

Much appreciated.

John

Injector Removal and Installation

Be careful not to jet when you removed or disconnected the high pressure line. Place a rag or shop towel over the high pressure line whenever you disconnect the high pressure line.

Removal

1. Remove the engine cover.

1. Remove the bolt (A). Disconnect the glow plug connectors (B), the fuel injector connectors (C), the turbocharger boost control solenoid valve connector (D), the FRP control valve connector (E), and the FRP regulator connector (F), then raise the harness holder (G).

12 N·m
(1.2 kgf·m,
8.7 lbf·ft)

A
12 N·m
(1.2 kgf·m,
8.7 lbf·ft)

C
D
E
B
F
G

1. Remove the injector fuel return hose (A).
    NOTE: When removing the injector fuel return hose, pull the backleak connector (B) as shown.

1. Remove the high pressure pipe (C).
    NOTE:
    • When removing the No. 2 high pressure pipe, remove the high pressure pipe cover (D).
    • When removing the No. 4 high pressure pipe, remove the bracket (E).

D
C
A
12 N·m
(1.2 kgf·m,
8.7 lbf·ft)

B
E

1. Remove the nozzle arm (A), and the injector (B).
    NOTE:
    • Wipe off the carbon from the injector (C) and cylinder (D) with a rag or shop towel.
    • Do not clean the injection area (E) of the injector.

B
C
A
D
E

Installation

1. Position the injector angle, tighten the nut (A) of the fuel rail side and the nut (B) of the injector side by the hand with a new high pressure pipe.

1. Install the nozzle arm (C), and the injector with a new gasket (D), then tight the nozzle arm nut (E) to 5 N·m (0.5 kgf·m, 4 lbf·ft).
    NOTE: Coat the nut with clean engine oil.

1. Tighten the nut of the injector side to 33 N·m (3.4 kgf·m, 25 lbf·ft).

1. Tighten the nut of the fuel rail side to 33 N·m (3.4 kgf·m, 25 lbf·ft).

1. Tighten the nozzle arm nut to 5 N·m (0.5 kgf·m, 4 lbf·ft). Using a beam-type torque wrench. When using a preset-type torque wrench, be sure to tighten slowly and do not overtighten. If a bolt makes any noise while you are torquing it, loosen the bolt and retighten it from the first step.

1. After torquing, tighten the nozzle arm nut to 90 °, then hold the injector. If you are using a new nozzle arm nut, tighten the nut to 100 °.
    NOTE:
    • When removing the nozzle arm nut, check the torque of injector bolt (F).
    • The high pressure pipe can not be reused once it has been removed or loosened. Replace the high pressure pipe.

1. Install the bracket. Connect the injector fuel return hose, injector connector, and the harness holder.

1. Install the parts in the reverse order of removal.

1. Do the Injector Quantity Adjustment.

1. Do the DPF regeneration.

1. Start the engine, then check that there is no leakage in the fuel supply system.

1. Install the bolt, the high pressure pipe cover, and the engine cover.
Sorry the diagrams will not load, but the leak off appears to pull off, no idea how though.

F
29.4 N·m
(3.0 kgf·m,
22 lbf·ft)

D
B
C
E
A

Is there any point going through the process of adding a photo? It appears photos haven't worked on here for quite a while??

john.t5 said:
Is there any point going through the process of adding a photo? It appears photos haven't worked on here for quite a while??
Unlike another Honda forum that has got long-standing (and apparently incurable) photo attachment problems, legitimately hosted photos work fine on TypeAccord... the problem you're probably referring to is the recent restriction that Photobucket has placed on third-party use which is causing wreaking havoc across the internet? Use something other than Photobucket and it'll work fine (e.g. Imgur).

If these connections are like my 7th gen diesel leak-back connections, then the clips simply withdraw at right-angles to the pipes.

But shouldn't you be taking back the car to complain about the shoddy work? Either they've damaged the connections or have lost the clips.

Sorry, my mistake re the photos. It was a friend of a friend that did the injector repairs and the leak didn't become obvious until I was home, he's aboiut 40 minutes away so I don't want to have to travel for a 2 minute job.

I will be able to fix it myself if I can get the buggers off, I think they are different than 7th gen, I'll try to get a photo. Part of the problem is getting close enough to see the clips but far enough away to focus on them!

john.t5 said:
Sorry, my mistake re the photos. It was a friend of a friend that did the injector repairs and the leak didn't become obvious until I was home, he's aboiut 40 minutes away so I don't want to have to travel for a 2 minute job.

I will be able to fix it myself if I can get the ******s off, I think they are different than 7th gen, I'll try to get a photo. Part of the problem is getting close enough to see the clips but far enough away to focus on them!
How about looking at pictures of Bosch injectors on Google images until you find one that looks like yours? Maybe some internet pictures would reveal how the connector engages.

Or phone your friend for advice?

I have now asked so he said there's a clip underneath to access with a small screwdriver, I can't see it though due to light and eyesight, will get at it hopefully when I get home. Looked on google and youtube but can't find anything...