Leather repair

MattPayne

Members
Reaction score
Car
'55 i-CDTi Tourer Ex
Hi everyone

Couldn't find another thread on this.

Wonder if anyone has any experience repairing scuffed (black) leather??

The driver seat has a fairly deep scuff mark (down to the creamy-coloured leather underneath, probably 8cm by 4cm) from previous ownership... I don't want to spend any real money, but it's the only blemish on an otherwise pretty immaculate interior so it's bugging me!

Mother-in-law came up with black boot polish but I can't see that working myself, and is likely to come off all over my shirt!

Any ideas?

Thanks

This stuff offers a good solution and economical as well http://www.lttsolutions.net/leather-repair-pen.asp

From another forum I frequent and with a very good reputation - contact this guy, will sort you out no probs. If you email him tell him a UKS member pointed you in his direction. My link

cheers Andy might get one of those pens myself i have a couple of scuffs as well

matt

have the same issue as you - which way did you go and what were the results?

I've got the same issues with our front seats, so I ordered one of those leather pens in the link above. It was £9.95 including delivery and it should arrive tomorrow. I will report back after I've tried it out :)

I bought the LTT leather touch up repair pen in black. I've just used it on the very fine cracks in the drivers seat and a scuff on the front passenger seat. I needed to go over the marks a few times because the leather in the cracks was light cream in colour. It didn't fill the cracks just added some colour. It reminds me of a thick nibbed permanant marker pen. The colour is slightly shiny so I think I can see the cracks as much as before, mind you it is sunny. The bonus is they are not cream I guess. Next time I think I will go for black boot polish like I've used on my other cars in the past. I'll have to buy some black shoe boot polish lol, not got any at the moment. The kind of boot polish that is solid and comes in a small round flat tin.

I bought the LTT leather touch up repair pen in black. I've just used it on the very fine cracks in the drivers seat and a scuff on the front passenger seat. I needed to go over the marks a few times because the leather in the cracks was light cream in colour. It didn't fill the cracks just added some colour. It reminds me of a thick nibbed permanant marker pen. The colour is slightly shiny so I think I can see the cracks as much as before, mind you it is sunny. The bonus is they are not cream I guess. Next time I think I will go for black boot polish like I've used on my other cars in the past. I'll have to buy some black shoe boot polish lol, not got any at the moment. The kind of boot polish that is solid and comes in a small round flat tin.

how do you stop the boot polish marking ur clothes?
i wear a suit 4 days a week and don't want them wrecked ;-)

how do you stop the boot polish marking ur clothes?
i wear a suit 4 days a week and don't want them wrecked ;-)

Buff it off with a boot brush, that way the colour is just left in the damaged bit of leather and you don't get any on your clothes if you buff enough lol. Hey, don't send me your suit cleaning bills lol. :D That method worked for me in the past with both black polish and navy blue polish.

Need to bump this thread. I am looking a few accord coupes 90% have damage to the drivers seat bolster probably caused by trouser belts rubbing. Some have tears and holes and I believe these are repairable, anyone know good a solution / experts that can make a quality repair?

Ian, just a thought but in the past when I've needed repairs to leather bits and pieces I've approached local saddlers and they've done the work to a high standard and at a reasonable cost. Perhaps you could try the same?

Alan

Ian, just a thought but in the past when I've needed repairs to leather bits and pieces I've approached local saddlers and they've done the work to a high standard and at a reasonable cost. Perhaps you could try the same?

Alan
thats a good idea, i remember one of my mates got his leather steering wheel done by a saddler after the stitching came undone

I always use the liquid leather products. Work really well and very reasonably priced. If I get a huge rip or tear in leather then sometimes I get a caravan interior guy to carefully sew a colour matched patch over the damage. This may not be perfect but it's much better than the hole getting bigger.