What's new

Light Scratches

That's what I was hoping... Getting the bit beneath my teeth now.... Lots of rain today, but three washes and waxes this week have paid off - lots of blots of water and no sheeting. Damn nation upon the pigeons that strafed my bonnet this morning :( Three ****s the size of fecking fried eggs in perfect a perfect line. Why?

With a bit of luck tomorrow afternoon will be dry and I can set too on some light scratches that have annoyed me since the day I first got the car hand washed. Bit of a learning curve though as I have never cared for a car before... Snow foam, followed by two bucket hand wash with Wax and Chamois, the difference is amazing.

Next step is scratch removing. Then I want to get the handle on polish.

Just afraid of Honda's Heineken strength paint :(.

Had the Falkens put on today, and the chap at Costco called me up to show me some problems with my Pentas - one of them looks as if the paint is washing off- I think that is partly due to a rubbish refurb job by Honda Letchworth, and another rim has bubbling. Pretty sure that was refurbed by HL too. Both within the last year. When I pick up my touch up paint next week I will be having words. At £80 quid as wheel they can at least make then water proof!

Blimmy Dan i will be calling you CJ NEXT :lol:
Next mate is engine bay cleaner ;)
To be honest though Dan pentas are known for corrosion.The ones on my old car were only 1 year old and started to pit on the inside wall.

:lol: You barsteward - I hadn't thought about the engine bay....

Now if only there was a how to :lol:

:rolleyes: hear you go Dan :lol:

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/5200-meguiars-engine-bay-cleaner-dressing/

That's what I was hoping... Getting the bit beneath my teeth now.... Lots of rain today, but three washes and waxes this week have paid off - lots of blots of water and no sheeting. Damn nation upon the pigeons that strafed my bonnet this morning :( Three ****s the size of fecking fried eggs in perfect a perfect line. Why?

With a bit of luck tomorrow afternoon will be dry and I can set too on some light scratches that have annoyed me since the day I first got the car hand washed. Bit of a learning curve though as I have never cared for a car before... Snow foam, followed by two bucket hand wash with Wax and Chamois, the difference is amazing.

Next step is scratch removing. Then I want to get the handle on polish.

Just afraid of Honda's Heineken strength paint :(.

Had the Falkens put on today, and the chap at Costco called me up to show me some problems with my Pentas - one of them looks as if the paint is washing off- I think that is partly due to a rubbish refurb job by Honda Letchworth, and another rim has bubbling. Pretty sure that was refurbed by HL too. Both within the last year. When I pick up my touch up paint next week I will be having words. At £80 quid as wheel they can at least make then water proof!

Dan,

have you ever tried using a drying towel instead of a chamois, meant to be softer on the paintwork.?

Dan,

have you ever tried using a drying towel instead of a chamois, meant to be softer on the paintwork.?
Carl what is a drying towel mate.I always use a clean micro fibre cloth and ring out every time.
I find this as effective as a chamois.

:lol:: I remember that post now - wasn't entirely sober at the time :lol:

Might try snow foam with warm water and see how that goes.

I had seen drying towels, perhaps I'll see what Halfrauds have to offer after swimming tomorrow.

Cheers Carl thats on my my Birthday list from the boss :)

Not too long to wait either.

Those links aren't necessarily best prices so best having a search around.

Another place is Shinerama it's local to me so I can just pick stuff up so works out cheaper, and I've found them to be pretty competitive.

Also worth having a look on Ebay.

Well I have just spent the last hour or so dodging rain drops... the x2 is VERY variable... on plastic panels it is excellent. But on the metal, it is not so hot.

I can only get the really light scratches out.

One of the problems though, if you have a cluster of scratches and get rid of the minor ones, it makes what's left even more noticeable :lol:

Of course I'm doing it by hand so not sure how much pressure to use...

Now the raindrops won't let me wash the passenger side gggrrrr!

Well I have just spent the last hour or so dodging rain drops... the x2 is VERY variable... on plastic panels it is excellent. But on the metal, it is not so hot.

I can only get the really light scratches out.

One of the problems though, if you have a cluster of scratches and get rid of the minor ones, it makes what's left even more noticeable :lol:

Of course I'm doing it by hand so not sure how much pressure to use...

Now the raindrops won't let me wash the passenger side gggrrrr!

For the slightly heavier scratches have a go with this gtechniq P1 nanocomosite polish and do the whole panel, I found it to work where scratch X didn't, make sure you use a Handheld Polishing pad as it helps to even the pressure.

It used to be only supplied direct, although you can get it from other places now, like the ultimate finish, shinerama etc.
I mentioned it in passing to one of the guys in Shinerama , whilst I was getting some new car shampoo, at the time they didn't stock it, shortly afterwards they did, maybe a coincidence. They did say they like to try new products before they sell them, so probably thought it was worth a shot

I've used quite a bit of there stuff and did a review 364 days ago today Gtechniq C2 Liquid crystal

Thanks for the tip off about ScratchX 2.0! Never heard of it.

My car's previous owner seems to have washed it with a Brillo pad (I bought it sight unseen. I know. Don't lecture me.)

It's covered in scratches, both light and heavy. You can't polish a ****, so to speak, and nothing short of a respray will make it really good. That said, I'm not after a concourse finish, I'll settle for reasonable!

The Scratch X really works, where my run of the mill Auto Glym bottles failed. Obviously not where the damage is through to the base coat, but those in the lacquer have responded well.

r74tb8.jpg

mkbwa8.jpg

Thanks TA.