Lighting Problems

AdamG

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord i-ctdi
Hello Gents!

Not posted for a dogs age (sorry)!

I've had my clutch and DMF done since I last posted on the site, which was a total, and expensive, nightmare! But more on that another time!

I have a problem with the lights on my '54 Accord Diesel Saloon. I noticed the other week that my inboard rear tail light had failed. Pulling out the Bulb showed it was blown. Having a spare to hand, I replaced it, but the light still didn't work. Around this time, I also noticed that I'd got a right hand sidelight bulb gone as well. Replacing this yesterday also didn't work, as with the opposite side tail lamp.

I went through my owners manual, thinking that - however bizzare it may be - they might be on a common fuse. However, while I may be a bit thick about this, I cannot find out which fuse this is.

So my question is, are they on a common fuse circuit? And if so, which one? There is one in the secondary fuse box called "Small Light", and I must admit, I haven't tried repalcing this one yet.

Any advice would be appreciated.

P.S: If you'd like to hear my tale of woe with regard to Clutch and DMF replacement, I'd be happy to tell all! But I won't be very complimentary to my local Honda Dealar (which better remain nameless)!

It's not unusual that a blown bulb takes out the fuse, and I wouldn't be surprised if all tail/side lights are on the same fuse. But then all tail/side lights would would stop working at the same time. Can you test your replacement lamps? Maybe you have a bad batch? I don't know which fuse(s) you need to look at, sorry.

Go on, be brave - name the troublesome dealer... you could save someone else a problem caused by going there!

Oh Alright!! Suffice to say I won't be crossing Lookers Honda Derby's threshold as long as I have holes in my nose!