What's new

Limp mode

cdms811

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 i-CTDI
Hi,

Car went in to limp mode on startup this afternoon. Limped to the garage and they say glow plug cicuit malfunction (p1384). They have reset the code and all seems fine at the moment. What could be causing this? What do I need to watch out for

Car is a 2005 2.2 iCTDI sport, 86k on the clock

Thanks

Hi,

Car went in to limp mode on startup this afternoon. Limped to the garage and they say glow plug cicuit malfunction (p1384). They have reset the code and all seems fine at the moment. What could be causing this? What do I need to watch out for

Car is a 2005 2.2 iCTDI sport, 86k on the clock

Thanks

Had the same problem when I first found this site, everybody confirmed it to be the fuel filter, which needs to be a genuine Honda one. It cured my problem straight away.

Most properly the FF When was it last changed/who did it and was it genuine Honda.

Nope engine bay mate.

Having said that Im sure thats not the fault code that relates to the FF, might need a bit more investigating if it happens again.

Is this the ff in the fuel tank?

No mate its at the back of the engine bay behind the air filter box.Its tucked right away you will notice above a rubber bulb which is for priming.

Could be fuel filter which is most common issue but I'm with Andy on this one, that error code doesn't point to the FF as the culprit. Normally it's a low fuel pressure error.

Keep an eye on it and let us know if it happens again.