What's new

Lock jammed and stolen reg. number

Havoc

Members
Reaction score
Car
Ford :/
Hello. I came across a problems:

Got A6G CH7 (liftback). If you want to fold back rear seats, you have to pull trigger and thats it. Mine was fully operational until 1 week ago. I pressed it and nothing happens. I cant fold it and looks like lock is jammed. This happened to another one but luckily I made it to "un-jam" it and its working. Got any ideas what should I do?

Next what happen is that someone was trying to steal my reg number plate (rear one). He totally smashed it and black holder is not holding plate. I took it off. I find a way how to take off surround around plate but its holding by 2 plastic screws and 2 rusted screws which are holding an opening lock for tailgate. That lock is sealed with something and i dont want to loosen it. Has anyone ideas?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my grammar. If u dont know what i mean or want to take a look I´ll take specific pics if needed.

Have a nice day

Hi

Get some pics up when you get a minute, and see if anyone can help!

So, here u go. First pic shows 2 inner screws totally rusted, which are shown on pic 2

This is how it looked after I took plate off to avoid get it stolen again

Heres the back seats lock (i took off those plastic things)

for those who dont know, heres how it looks on lock position:

unlocked

and lock itself

hope this pics help u. Im desperate and i dont know how to fix it :(

no clues? i desperatly need that lock working :unsure:

I have the saloon so don't know a great deal about the locking mechanisms. I think you might need to strip the rear seats or surrounding bits (bolster) at least to get to the lock. Does this help?

rearseats1_zps16de542b.jpg

rearseats2_zpsf731d767.jpg

rearseats3_zps94b6f643.jpg

well it does. that confirms that i need to take off bolsters in order to get there. but on third pic, my bolsters come together with seatbelt motors/fasteners. I will take a look in next days as its windy outside. Thanks a lot for your help. I will let u know how it went :)

No probs, sorry couldn't be more detailed, but let us know how you get on.

Hello. Little update. I went today to car to take a look on it and those bolsters are unable/hard to take off. I cant access to bolts. Upper bolt is attached to seatbelt motor. Im scared I will break it. any idea is welcome. PS: my lock is actually in folding seat, so getting to it from boot is unable. Bolsters are the only way.

Hello,

another update. I went today to garage (i had time and space and tools to do it). Lock is working perfectly. There is one small plastic cap that holds it all together. That cap/screw is broken so when u press button to release lock, that plastic holder that moves lock, pops out as there is nothing to hold it correctly. To access lock and unlock it by screw driver, u have to just unscrew bolt under bolster (u kinda have to move the part u sit on) and push it upwards as there are hooks. I was unable to get pics as we are getting dark really soon. If u are interested im willing to take pics and show u what exactly is broken. Thanks Andy for scheme.