What's new

Longevity ?

Si38

Members
Reaction score
Car
2010 Type-S Accord
Hi All,

After doing a lot of moanin about big H on here, coming very close to getting rid. I bit the bullet over last few weeks and got loads of little snags fixed , proper service, new tyres all round, drop links done all round, abs sensor inbound. The car feels better than it did when I bought it. I almost got some pentas for him the other day , but decided that ride comfort was more important than looks. Thats a fair few quid spent on a car I was going to get rid of recently, so he is now with me till he dies.

At 92000 , how much longer will this diesel engine keep going ? What should I be expecting to 'go' next

I've been in touch with Fahad , going to get the egr binned in march,,, is there any other obvious cheapish improvement mods anyone can suggest ?

The x link for ipod into the head unit, is it worth doing ?

Mines on 178K+ and is still munching miles and Audi's ;).

TBO guys if properly serviced and maintained these cars should last at least 200k
I sold a 306 pug on 110k and nether touched the engine.

USA abs sensor fitted today ,,,,, all three horror lights are out ,,,,, halleluja !!!

Put the Penta's on :) I went from 16" to 18" and initially for a day or two,I thought the ride comfort may have 'marginally' suffered, or maybe I was imagining it. Now I can't tell any difference. So with the 17" penta's you wont notice any difference - apart from it looking better.

130k here. I think the engine will go the distance, but running gear, like brakes and the clutch, will need attention over time.