What's new

Looking at an Accord

Joeytaffy93

Reaction score
Car
Kia Ceed
Hi all,

Firstly, this may not be in the right section, so forgive me.

I’m currently looking at a Honda Accord we’ve just taken in part exchange, it’s a 2012, 2.2d, done 132k, one owner from new and has a full Honda service history, last done in January.

My question is, is there anything in particular to look for?

The previous owner used to commute daily with the majority of it as motorway mileage, up until taking retirement in the last few months.

I’d appreciate any advice.

Service history including last three years of receipts would be useful.

Any accidents/knocks/fixes ?

What fuel were they putting in her ?

With that miles look for evidence of dpf issues/replacement/removal. Otherwise smell around the battery area with the engine running, if you can smell fumes then you’ve got a cracked egr pipe. All these are solvable with our solution.

Sorry for my late reply all.

The gentlement who had it from new regularly used Shell (diesel), whilst I have no receipts, it has a fully stamped Honda Gloucester service book, last one being done in January this year with the MOT.

As for DPF, no apparent issues I can forsee, though I will check for smells around the battery area, thanks!

The car used to commute mostly motorway mileage, probably about 80% of it's daily 30 mile each way commute.

I took it for a test drive and it seemed to drive really smoothly.

EGR pipe will probably blow out in the next 15k miles, but you never know.

Sorry for the frosty welcome. No, cost is prohibitive, think about getting an egr delete and remap. Not until it happens though, may be a long way off if it's motorway miles.

Sorry for the frosty welcome. No, cost is prohibitive, think about getting an egr delete and remap. Not until it happens though, may be a long way off if it's motorway miles.
Hehe it’s ok!
I know for a fact it genuinely has been motorway miles, based on that I suppose I’ll keep it running and if it or when it happens, I’ll consider the route you said!
Thanks !