What's new

Looking at buying 2.4

shadow2kn

Reaction score
Car
CL7 and CL9
Hey all,
I've owned and loved my 03 cl7 for about 7yrs now and was thinking about getting another/newer car but everytime I just come back looking for an accord(reliability)..
Now this time I found an 09 2.4 petrol accord with nearly 70k on it and it looks very tempting, and has got many fancy feature, one of which stood out a bit from the description, adaptive cruise control, which I guess reduces your speed if the car in front slows down..
anyways, any advice that I look out for any obvious/big issues?

I went from a 7th to an 8th gen 2.4. The downsides are you'll find it thirstier. But literally everything else is an upside. Do it. You will love it.

ah cheers for that... yeah i know the high consumption...
but what I'm thinking about, if i go for it, is change all the possible fluids, tranmission, coolant, power steering, probably brake, engine... anything else I should consider doing?
in fact there's this other thing that's slightly worrying me, hydraulic power steering as compared to the I've on my accord which has EPS(Electronice Power Steering). coz i've heard horror stories of it going bad after certain age, whereas EPS just keeps going..

Also one more thing, the add says it's got fancy adaptive cruise control and collision mitigation braking system... is that true or is it just to attract customers?

coz it looks like the thing where the car automatically applies brakes while driving if someone steps in front...
also what's this cornering light?

Plugs, fuel filter, air filter, cabin filter, clutch fluid, probably pads & discs and maybe tyres all round, exhaust and flexi downpipe will be due to go if it hasn't already, anti roll bar drop links, lower control arm, driveshaft boots can go after 10+ years, ...there'll definitely be things to do...but they won't all go at once! (no power steering pump on 8th gen)
Don't know about ACC & CMBS, mine hasn't got them, but some have

exhaust and flexi downpipe ahsn't gone on mine yet... is that something that goes away with age on 8th gen?

Finally going today to look at the car... any last things that I can quickly look at, like transmission or something?

oh in fact I was reading on this forum about something dies a horrible death transmission wise or something after 75k miles, is that true? would that be the reason for selling the car at 67k?

also that I might run into issues with resetting service reminders, as I do all the work myself(that's how my 17yr old cl7 been running sweet)...
but is that the sorta thing that I'll have to get done at dealers or can be taken care at home?

It'll need checking for good condition & history etc. I think the only unusual issue is the rusty sunroof but that isn't a deal breaker or even close. Reset reminders are switched off on a lot of the UK ones , not on with mine. Not aware of any transmssion issue - I think 75k might be the Honda fluid change interval.

woohoo, found another one 100 miles away, it's a lovely 07 CL9 even better coz not a huge fan of 8th Gen looks... with ADAS and all.. only thing missing is camera but not sure if they forgot to put that in.. think it's hot all the same specs as the 8th gen i was gonna go to look at and lesser miles on the clock...
but going to view tomorrow lets see...