What's new

Looking to buy HONDA ACCORD 2.2 I-DTEC EX 4DR

Don101

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th Gen 2.2 EX
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and would like to say hello to all it's members.

Just to let you know I'm thinking of trading in my Avensis for an Accord, which I've been a big fan of for years. The Accord I'm looking at is the new shape HONDA ACCORD 2.2 I-DTEC EX. Spec wise it appears fully loaded and it has everything I am looking for, leather seats, sat-nav, sun-roof e.t.c. The only down side is that the car has down 90k miles, although it does have a full service history.

Can anyone point out what I should be looking out for? Any tell tale signs I need to be aware of. The car I've seen seems in pretty good condition and any information would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

IMO the only things to check on this car are the duel mass flywheel & the dpf. The dmf is easy to check, find a fairly steep hill and drive up it on low revs in third gear.The car should accelerate smoothly without any vibrations. The dpf is not as easy to check. If you are planning to drive the car on long journeys u should be ok. Stop start driving and dpf's don't really go. Are u getting a warranty with the car because these repairs can cost a fair amount. I should add that these issues affect most modern diesels.If u search the forum u should find some usefull info

Any tell tale signs I need to be aware of.

Depends on how the car has been driven/looked after.

Do you have a link to the said car?

If its any consolation - the 8th Gen is remarkably solid and as far as I am aware, there has only been one DMF failure that I know of. Otherwise, the car is perfect.

Depends on how the car has been driven/looked after.

Do you have a link to the said car?

If its any consolation - the 8th Gen is remarkably solid and as far as I am aware, there has only been one DMF failure that I know of. Otherwise, the car is perfect.
That's really good to hear as the car has had 1 previous owner and was used mainly on the motorway. It also has a full Honda service history and is HPI clear. I'm just worried that something expensive will go on it, leaving me with a bill of hundreds of pounds. The car has done 90k miles and I may even call my local Honda dealership to check before I buy.

Kind Regards

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201201439291830/sort/priceasc/usedcars/maximum-age/up_to_4_years_old/fuel-type/diesel/price-to/9000/price-from/8000/maximum-mileage/up_to_100000_miles/model/accord/make/honda/page/1/radius/60/postcode/pr60sg?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201201439291830/sort/priceasc/usedcars/maximum-age/up_to_4_years_old/fuel-type/diesel/price-to/9000/price-from/8000/maximum-mileage/up_to_100000_miles/model/accord/make/honda/page/1/radius/60/postcode/pr60sg?logcode=p

Doesnt look too bad. Of course the real test of the car is in driving it.

Welcome along Syed looks a lovely car and love the colour ;)

The 8th gen is growing on me, never really thought much about them before. Hot version would be nice to see.

Welcome along Syed,

That is a whole lot of car for the money.

It is worth the test drive.

Not been looking recently but seems cheap for an 8th Gen, albeit 90k on the clock, just keep an eye out for any warning lights etc, and how the clutch feels.

Have a good look at the service records, checking for regular and within service intervals oil changes and any other indications of any work done.

Good luck

That is a whole lot of car for the money.

That got me thinking as well - even 58-platers are north of ten grand, and I wonder whether this has been in a heavy accident, but repaired to a good standard but not recorded as a loss. Not all accidents show up on registers/records, especially if they are not write offs or border-line write offs.

Not to scaremonger the original poster, but this thought did cross my mind but wasnt confident in airing the view until CJM remarked about a whole lot of car for the money, which on face value, it most certainly is.

That got me thinking as well - even 58-platers are north of ten grand, and I wonder whether this has been in a heavy accident, but repaired to a good standard but not recorded as a loss. Not all accidents show up on registers/records, especially if they are not write offs or border-line write offs.

Not to scaremonger the original poster, but this thought did cross my mind but wasnt confident in airing the view until CJM remarked about a whole lot of car for the money, which on face value, it most certainly is.

Glad i'm not alone then! maybe nothing but I seem to recall similar mileage cars at a higher premium.

Plenty for under 10k now Cargiant have some 09's for 9k and not with mega mileage either.

Plenty for under 10k now Cargiant have some 09's for 9k and not with mega mileage either.

But which sane person would buy from a place like them - wouldn't have a motor off them if they gave it for free. Who knows what lifestyle/damage repaired cars they are knocking out....just my two cents... :ph34r: