What's new

Loose seat

block

Members
Reaction score
Car
56 Ex diesel saloon
As the ***le states, the drivers side has come loose on the rear left corner. This happened after the wife used the car! It would appear it justs need a bolt replacing or something but I have not removed a modern seat like this before. Any tips, anybody had one out lately, where to begin etc?
Thank you all in advance.

Paul.

you need to move the seat fully forward and move the seat while checking for movement. caunt remember if there is a trim to remove to access the bolt but if so it should be easy enough to flick off. it is possible there may be some play in the seat base which can allso be a loose bolt where it attaches to the seat back or worst case senario a new seat base is needed. the 4 seat bolts are 14mm so make sure there all tight as a start.

Paul, Adams response is spot on, I had this problem with my last Accord... it was just a loose bolt!

Paul, would you mind taking some pics while doing this - it may help other members and will be useful addition to the knowledge base.

Cheers

Paul, would you mind taking some pics while doing this - it may help other members and will be useful addition to the knowledge base.

Cheers
Oh yeah F6HAD, leg me in why dont you! Then i'll have to upload them! Crikey me, you realise I'm a technophobe! I will try though, I promise.