What's new

Loud Knocking noise when turning steering

Mistertee

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi guys,

I dont about anyone else, but when I am driving my car the slightest of knocks or cranks really annoys me..! So last week I took my car to the mechanic as I had a few knocks coming from the front end of my car.

To me precise, the first problem was directly linked to the offside suspension, every time I went over a bump, or a pot hole there was a rattle, more when turning in to a road. The second problem was, when preforming a 3 point turn, I get a really loud knock.

So me being me left all problems to be solved by the mechanic (D.S. Autos, Shipley), who advised me that there was play on the upper suspension arm, and play on the steering track rod end, so I replaced both these parts at a cost £150.

After bringing the car home, the loud knock when turning is still there, and getting even louder, with added echoes of little knocks, even while driving...

Realisticlly I expected all faults to be fixed, but now I am faced with more repair work... I am due to go back to the mechanic but before I do, I am dreading this ongoing repair work of replacing part after part and spending dollar after dollar and still not solving the problem, so guys anyone else faced with anything similar....??

Now someone did mention drive shaft, if so any ideas on costs of replacing??

thanks

Drop links.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/5583-drop-links/

cheers for the reply, that may solve oart of the problem, but I think the main problem the loud bang when turning steering and slow speeds, ie when parking or when trying preform a 3 point turn.

Also I have notice that when going at a slow speed, if i press the accelorator and let go i feel a thud... my main question is, is my drive shaft going? has anybody else had any similar problems...

Try asking again in the main 7th gen section as this sub section gets buried and a lot of the members wont see your post unfortunately. As this is not diesel specific i expect the mods won't mind.

Cheers crespo will ask in the main area.

Will be getting it checked over by another mechanic, poss at mcc, al see what they hav to say. Get them to check drop links and cv joint.