What's new

Low Fuel Warning Light

mattster

Members
Reaction score
Car
04 Accord Tourer 2.0
Hey folks,

When you turn the ignition on (without starting the engine), should the low fuel warning light come on with all the other dash lights?

I've just bought another 6th gen which has gotten down to the lowest bar on the fuel gauge without the light coming on at all... this never happened on my old one!

If this light should be on with the ignition, then I'm hoping it'll be an easy fix - new bulb!

I await your responses...

Cheers,
matt.

Hey folks,

When you turn the ignition on (without starting the engine), should the low fuel warning light come on with all the other dash lights?

I've just bought another 6th gen which has gotten down to the lowest bar on the fuel gauge without the light coming on at all... this never happened on my old one!

If this light should be on with the ignition, then I'm hoping it'll be an easy fix - new bulb!

I await your responses...

Cheers,
matt.

Hi Matt,

Mine is working fine and doesn't come on when you turn the key, so long as there's enough fuel in the tank. When driving, my light usually comes on about 5mm above the final bar on the gauge, THEN it would light up when I turn the ignition on. If your needle is on the last bar, then you're driving on vapour and your bulb has gone.

Hi Matt,

Mine is working fine and doesn't come on when you turn the key, so long as there's enough fuel in the tank. When driving, my light usually comes on about 5mm above the final bar on the gauge, THEN it would light up when I turn the ignition on. If your needle is on the last bar, then you're driving on vapour and your bulb has gone.

Thanks for the info!

I'll need to check the bulb firstly.... then possibly the fuel level sensor...

Or just keep doing what I'm doing by filling it up before it gets that low!! :)

Cheers,
Matt

I also checked mine, and it doesn't comes on, unless I have low fuel :blush:

Hi all :) ye a would go with it been the bulb on the dash has gone lol

A would try swapping it with one from the batt light ;) when you got low fuel.

best of luck m8 and let us no how you get on!

Hello again!

Update time - the bulb still works! It just appears that the fuel gauge on this car is calibrated slightly differently to the last one... when it's properly full of fuel (pump clicks off, then add almost another litre..) it's pointing at the bottom of the full line. (used to be above the full line)

So... the low fuel light comes on just as it touches the bottom line rather than a couple above it.

Saves me stripping the dash thankfully! :)

Cheers folks