What's new

Low priced 8th Gen Type S on autotrader

Saf789

Reaction score
Car
2012 I-Dtec Type S
There is a red 2009 Type S on autotrader, somewhere down south.
Price wise it looks to be a bargain, is it anybody's on here?
I don't know who the owner is or what the car is like, just thought it might be of interest to somebody.

Just seen it. Beautiful car. Problem of buying them now is the new Emission zones coming into effect all over the uk.

If it was a 2013/14 reg could possibly be Euro 6, you can phone Honda and get letter sent with proof of it being Euro 6(if it is that) then send letter to DVLA. Hopefully you should be free from any charges.

Last edited:
I reckon it will be some time before the low emissions zones come into effect all over the uk. Even then it's probably only going to be city centres.
If you don't currently drive into London you should be fine for a while i imagine.
At that price, if the car is in good condition then its well worth it. Cant even get a decent ES GT for that money, never mind a Type S.

@MrMwa

Is that right some of the end models were Euro 6, if you're looking out for one how would you know or find out? I looked on the VCA website downloads for 2015 and the 2,2 idtec accord wasn't listed.

Well when I was going to buy my 2005 Accord back in July, I checked the reg on the clean filter air zone web and it said that I would be charged for entering any zones because apparently it wasn't Euro 4.

But I knew it was Euro 4 because it was registered in 2005, that's the year Euro 4 standard started.

I emailed DVLA asking them why my car would be charged even though its Euro 4, they said they still have to update their website and to contact Honda myself.
DVLA also said to get a letter from Honda as confirmation and send it to them.

So I phoned up Honda gave them the reg and they said it was indeed Euro 4. They also said they can post me a letter confirming it.

After that I purchased my car.

I've not contacted Honda again for the letter because the emission zones haven't started in Glasgow just yet think its in Dec 2022.

Also I think the entire city of Edinburgh will be an emission zone not just the city centre.

Minimum standard for Petrol is Euro 4(2005)

Minimum standard for Diesel is Euro 6(2015)

Some car manufacturers may have adopted the the Euro standard a couple of years earlier. So best thing to do is phone the manufacturer to find out.

Last edited:
There is a red 2009 Type S on autotrader, somewhere down south.
Price wise it looks to be a bargain, is it anybody's on here?
I don't know who the owner is or what the car is like, just thought it might be of interest to somebody.
Also I hadn't known who can drive a van on a car licence until I read this article by Carplus.
In terms of design 2009 Type S is extremely beautiful! Hope you will be lucky enough to get this car eventually.

Last edited:
Just seen it. Beautiful car. Problem of buying them now is the new Emission zones coming into effect all over the uk.

If it was a 2013/14 reg could possibly be Euro 6, you can phone Honda and get letter sent with proof of it being Euro 6(if it is that) then send letter to DVLA. Hopefully you should be free from any charges.

I live in rural north wales where everyone seems to have a SUV 4x4. We also have a plethora of Discoveries, Defenders . It will be 10 years at least before government introduce any blanket rules. They would have to pay motorists to change to electric and they wont have any money for that probably for the next 5-7 years