What's new

Lower ball joint

ATR888

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord type r
Hi everyone, hope you all having a good and fun time leading up to Xmas, merry Xmas all.

Just want to know if the lower ball joint can be changed as ive been told it comes as one piece with the knuckle, but I don't believe it, but I might be wrong, so can any one shed some like on this

Thanks in advance

I changed my lower ball joint myself. Didn't use a press.

You need a splitter tool to split the arm from the hub

What did u use type R? Mine is seized in!! I've got everything off ATM, but haven't gone at it yet, I know it's Gona be a pain in backside. Anyone tips anyone?

Put the old bolt back on and hammered it out. Check youtube out as loads of videos on it.

Yep got everything off, just not the ball joint. What a pain it is to hammer the sh*t out of it, but still no joy.

Just take the knuckle and the new ball joint to a garage with a press and ask them to change it for a tenner cash in hand, job done.

No point wasting any more time on it.

A tenner? I wish, the guy said 80 for both sides, and with the knuckle brought to him, what a joke!! So I took it to see my dad, and boy did he beat the living day lights out of that ball joint, and it came off, and swapped both sides. Man I didn't know he had that much strength, totally surprised me.
There's wasnt a circlip on it, which is strange, but didn't look like there was a groove for it. But thanks for your help guys and mostly to my dad hehe

MERRY CRIMBO EVERYONE

( only 2 hours and 13 mins away ) hehe

Nice work pal. I did the same just hammered the hell out of it and it came out.

Apparantly air hammer helps greatly, seen it on you tube.

Yes I was hoping for the guy at the garage to have a air hammer, but he didn't, but Tryna get me to pay 80 is ridiculous. So for anyone who has any trouble getting it out, just don't give up, and smack the sh*t out of it, using a 32mm socket, up against the ball joint as far as it can go, the higher the better, and start hammering.