What's new

Lower balljoint

jmcgahern

Members
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,
I know this question was asked before but I didn't see a definite answer. I think I may need a new lower ball joint (obviously at the front). On Lings, the balljoint is not separate from the stub for some reason. The ball joint would have been fabricated separate to the cast stub for sure so I also expect that it can be removed.
Has anyone here replaced a front lower balljoint without replacing the whole stub? If so, where did you get the ball joint and what was the part number?
JM

Hi Guys and Gals,
I know this question was asked before but I didn't see a definite answer. I think I may need a new lower ball joint (obviously at the front). On Lings, the balljoint is not separate from the stub for some reason. The ball joint would have been fabricated separate to the cast stub for sure so I also expect that it can be removed.
Has anyone here replaced a front lower balljoint without replacing the whole stub? If so, where did you get the ball joint and what was the part number?
JM

Not sure what you mean the "stub" - the ball joint is a seperate compoent already that you can strip out of the wishbone knuckle? Bit of work in it, but certaintly doable:

e.g. Here's my first search of fleabay Ball Joint

You definitely don't need the whole wishbone as I had the ball joints done on my Accord. It cost in the region of 50 quid a side and they both went within 2k of each other.

Not sure what you mean the "stub" - the ball joint is a seperate compoent already that you can strip out of the wishbone knuckle? Bit of work in it, but certaintly doable:

e.g. Here's my first search of fleabay Ball Joint

I've just replaced both my upper balljoints (both genuine parts) one at main agent and one at local garage...cost each 230ish. Less than a tenner between the two garages!!!!