What's new

Lower Torque control arm

Gazza

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer iDtec
Hi all
Have any of you chaps had to replace the rear lower torque control mount on your 2008 on wards Accord diesel and why ? it sits just behind the engine oil drain plug under the removable under shield. I see that Cox's Honda Parts now list it as a Service Item.

As I had the car lifted to change the oil and front brakes, I had a look.
Mine may or may not be knackered at 100K miles, but it seems to be a fairly floppy affair.

Link to short video: https://youtu.be/xxxAGaBPGCg

The picture on Cox's site suggests there's a big empty space in the middle so it probably acts as much as a controlled bump stop as anything. That said, I think the Cox picture may be a generic photo as the bit at the body end on mine is egg shaped with two bolts rather than round with just one.

8thgenlowermountp1kxb.jpg

If it were to fail it might be possible to just replace the rubber bits at a fraction of the cost?

https://spareto.co.uk/oe/50890tl0e01

I have judder on reverse also and when bringing biting point quickly in 1st i get an annoying knock.

Really need to bring it up slow to not knock. Will keep everybody posted if replacing mount sorts it or not

Well I've replaced the mount today and unfortunately reverse judder still there and also clunk when pulling away. However when turning the key when engine kicks in its alot smoother and also seems to feel about 20 percent smoother when actually driving certain gear changes definitely feel smoother.

My old mount didn't have any rips in the rubber but i figured the rubber could of went softer or harder over the years. So i just fitted the new one. I'm getting clutch and flywheel done in the next few months so hopefully that'll fix the judder and clunk.

Well I've replaced the mount today and unfortunately reverse judder still there and also clunk when pulling away. However when turning the key when engine kicks in its alot smoother and also seems to feel about 20 percent smoother when actually driving certain gear changes definitely feel smoother.

My old mount didn't have any rips in the rubber but i figured the rubber could of went softer or harder over the years. So i just fitted the new one. I'm getting clutch and flywheel done in the next few months so hopefully that'll fix the judder and clunk.
Hey, i have same judder problem, car has only 170km and its very shaky in first gear on takeoff car just shakes .
I wonder if you sorted the juder and if you could share what was wrong .
Thanks

I don't really get the judder in 1st only really in reverse and it still does it I've just learned to live with it. With varying gradients it can be quite challenging at times to reduce judder with careful clutch and throttle control.

I don't really get the judder in 1st only really in reverse and it still does it I've just learned to live with it. With varying gradients it can be quite challenging at times to reduce judder with careful clutch and throttle control.
Yes i found that it doesnt judder all the time on takeoff , sometimes it just goes smooth but most of times it doesnt and it needs more throtle and like you sayed precision clutch lifting, thanks for the info.