What's new

Lowering kit options and opinions

Conlisk

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-CTDI
My ride comfort is driving me a bit mad at the minute. I have 19's and what looks to be a drop of 50-60 mm (the guy I bought the car off couldn't tell me the exact drop, as it was the previous owner that lowered it).

For main road driving it's perfect, but in towns and on bad roads it's an absolute nightmare! And being Ireland we have plenty of bad roads!

I want to keep my 19's but bring it back up a little - say and overall drop of ~30-40 mm. So I'd like to hear peoples opinions on their lowering kit.

A. What is it?
B. What size wheels and what drop?
C. What type of driving do you do (town, motorway, country) - basically, how good/bad are the roads?
D. What is the ride comfort like?

I've searched the forum and seen the A-Spec kit mentioned so I'd be interested to hear peoples opinion on that also.
All feedback is greatly appreciated!

There is a thread on here with exactly the info you are looking for but for the life of me i cant find it. I am sure someone will post a link for you soon enough. Brett is pretty good at finding threads. :lol:

It has reviews about Eibach Apex etc etc. Pro's and con's.

Eibach pro kit is the weapon of choice for most as it gives a pretty good ride with a drop of about 30-35mm. Should be just what you need.

Hear you go ;)

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/592-accord-7th-gen-lowering-options/

How do you do it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are like a library.
Neil iv been here a long time and got a good memory :lol:

My ride comfort is driving me a bit mad at the minute. I have 19's and what looks to be a drop of 50-60 mm (the guy I bought the car off couldn't tell me the exact drop, as it was the previous owner that lowered it).

For main road driving it's perfect, but in towns and on bad roads it's an absolute nightmare! And being Ireland we have plenty of bad roads!

I want to keep my 19's but bring it back up a little - say and overall drop of ~30-40 mm. So I'd like to hear peoples opinions on their lowering kit.

A. What is it?
B. What size wheels and what drop?
C. What type of driving do you do (town, motorway, country) - basically, how good/bad are the roads?
D. What is the ride comfort like?

I've searched the forum and seen the A-Spec kit mentioned so I'd be interested to hear peoples opinion on that also.
All feedback is greatly appreciated!

ive got eibach springs on standard 55k old shocks that gives a drop of around 30mm
im running 18's, have no problems on decent roads and it isnt too bad on other roads.
yours does look a hefty drop, have you had a look at the springs, maybe youve got eibachs
with an extra couple of coils missing :ph34r:
theres a pic of mine in the members gallery ( thread started by dan robinson ) long story

Hear you go ;)

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/592-accord-7th-gen-lowering-options/

Mad bad! :blush: Tried a search but obviously did not look hard enough!

ive got eibach springs on standard 55k old shocks that gives a drop of around 30mm
im running 18's, have no problems on decent roads and it isnt too bad on other roads.
yours does look a hefty drop, have you had a look at the springs, maybe youve got eibachs
with an extra couple of coils missing :ph34r:
theres a pic of mine in the members gallery ( thread started by dan robinson ) long story

30 mm sounds good to me - I may even change to 18's in the future, depends on how rattled I get over the next few months! I'll try get a look at my springs at the weekend - I'm dreading they may have got the chop! Cheers!

kevin your car seems to be dropped on springs and most likely on eibachs,(as this is the most common SPRING used for the the 7gen) if you have got 19's it will be bumpy with springs around town or bad road surfaces. i would advice you if sticking with 19's then coilovers maybe the better option (or the oem A-spec, which currently Fahad is running with 19" rages) alot of members on adjustable coilovers now on t.a and have had good results. myself and 2 other memebers(blue and other members name cnt remember lol)are running bc fully adjustable coilovers. these have provided excellent feedback from alll members on both performance looks stability quality and not foretting to mention the great price(compared to the market leaders like tein's)i ersonnely opted for the spring due to the complete adjustabilty of the ride height(from stock height to so low it will not be driveable) and comfort setting(soft to hard). i have mine on with 18" deepdish style rims with 5x114.3 et45 8.5" wide, and have no problems with clearance or the ride quality(the comfort setting to medium)and its comfory for around london driving(where roads and humps are crap lol)so i would advice on coilovers bud(p.s I DO NOT IN ANYWAY WORK FOR BC RACING OR PROMOTE THEIR PRODUCTS IN A COMMERCIAL MANNER :lol: )just providing feedback..

kevin your car seems to be dropped on springs and most likely on eibachs,(as this is the most common SPRING used for the the 7gen) if you have got 19's it will be bumpy with springs around town or bad road surfaces. i would advice you if sticking with 19's then coilovers maybe the better option (or the oem A-spec, which currently Fahad is running with 19" rages) alot of members on adjustable coilovers now on t.a and have had good results. myself and 2 other memebers(blue and other members name cnt remember lol)are running bc fully adjustable coilovers. these have provided excellent feedback from alll members on both performance looks stability quality and not foretting to mention the great price(compared to the market leaders like tein's)i ersonnely opted for the spring due to the complete adjustabilty of the ride height(from stock height to so low it will not be driveable) and comfort setting(soft to hard). i have mine on with 18" deepdish style rims with 5x114.3 et45 8.5" wide, and have no problems with clearance or the ride quality(the comfort setting to medium)and its comfory for around london driving(where roads and humps are crap lol)so i would advice on coilovers bud(p.s I DO NOT IN ANYWAY WORK FOR BC RACING OR PROMOTE THEIR PRODUCTS IN A COMMERCIAL MANNER :lol: )just providing feedback..

Cheers for the info Sufian. I was considering coilovers, but they might be out of my price range at the minute. Have you the BC Racing BR Series? They are coming in at > 600e on ebay! Eibach springs are ~ 200e here, but if there is a significant difference in comfort/performance I might just bare the rough ride for the minute and save up for the coilovers! :D

i have a-spec on 17s, but have driven Faddy's on 19's albeit on decent roads and the comfort was fine. i recently drove to (London)derry in my Tourer and back, through Wales via Dublin and it was very comfy, and even considering the hangover (irish wedding) and the cross-country detour to the giants causeway, i was fresh as a daisy when i got back.

Can't comment on coilovers i'm afraid as i wanted to keep mine oem.

Cheers for the info Sufian. I was considering coilovers, but they might be out of my price range at the minute. Have you the BC Racing BR Series? They are coming in at > 600e on ebay! Eibach springs are ~ 200e here, but if there is a significant difference in comfort/performance I might just bare the rough ride for the minute and save up for the coilovers! :D

yeah bud iv got the bc racing series ra series(if i remeber correctly)with the top pillow ball mounts. i would advise you to speak to faz from funkypower who provided me with the set, also they provide the cheapest for front and rear pillow ball mounts buddy...if you can buddy hold out for the coilovers then you can go up and down as you please lol

I think I'm now coilover-converted! I'll live with the bumpy ride for the next 2-3 months and look into a set of BC's when I have the cash together.

thats the way forward buddy ;) you wont regret it i certaintly didnt bud B)