What's new

Lowering Springs

LeeV18

Reaction score
Car
02 Accord Sport
Hey, ive got a mk6 2002 accord sport (1.8 SOHC Vtec)
Looking for lowering springs and most of them are for the CG chassis type.. i have a CH.
My question is will CG springs fit my CH?

p.s my buddy who is a supervisor mechanic in a well known garage says that any springs for a 98-03 accord will fit mine, just wanted to verify this.

Firstly I'm not an expert so don't take this to the bank, as it were.. but..

If you replace the whole lot, spring and shock, (which you probably should if gong lower? Debate this with others first lol) then it's a whole unit with a simple bolt at top and bottom (iirc) so the replacement will be simple and you shouldn't need to worry if springs match existing (I think)

They're different to most cars I've ever lowered in that usually you have a sort of cup at top and bottom where the spring needs to be the right size to locate correctly. Mine at least look a bit more like coilovers in that the spring and shock are kind of one unit. If that makes sense

Any advances on that. He says, preparing to be corrected lol

Thanks for the reply Stuart!

Yeah, i have been looking at lowering springs on sites and ebay. Just the springs themselves are compatible with standard shocks. but the CH chassis (which i have) springs are rare.

Ii was just checking to see if CG accord springs would fit mine or not (because some springs say CG/CK/CH), although i am heading up to a Honda breakers yard tomorrow and i think they have a set of used coilovers for a Type R for £40.

Thanks in advance.

Presuming they're in good nick then it sounds like you're onto a winner there :) always best to have shocks that match the springs if possible, they're designed to work on a certain range of movement, put saggy ones in and you'll just be hitting the limits all the time if nothing else. There's other more technical arguments about rebound rate and all that I'm sure but as I say, I'm no expert. Although I have done my share of lowering stuff (bm / ford / volvo) if you're going real low make sure that exhaust is well tucked up there or you'll lose it on the first speed bump lol