What's new

Lowering...

cammson

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord type s 2.4
I know it's been covered in a few different threads but Im still unsure of what kit I acually want to use for lowering my 53 plate 2.4 type s.

I know roughly how I want it to look, not wanting it sitting on the floor but looking for a decent looking drop, I've just fitted a set of 18's to it and it's crying out to be lowered!

Just looking for people to post up photos of their cars and how much they are lowered by and what kit they are using?

Thanks in advance!

there are some great examples on this site, just have look through the galleries. You have to decide whether its just springs you want or a full setup of shock and spring?

I've been looking through the galleries for quite a while now, I'll just be lowering it on springs for now.

From what I can see, there's 3 main sets of springs, Eibach, apex and tenzo r. Ranging from 30mm - 50mm

Just thought it would be good to have one thread clearly showing peoples set ups to save anyone asking the same old questions?

Cheers, Stuart.

a 2003/04 reg accord is going to have a hard time on springs, eventually the shocks will play up, if i were you i would cough up for coilovers, the difference between springs and coils is day and night.

H&r springs 35mm on 17s / stock shocks

And on 18s

Looking to get coilovers this year.

That looks good.
Be aware that the tourer has a bit less choice as some manufacturers have stopped selling springs for it

BC coil overs are a great bit of kit for around £600 mark.
I'm sure Tomas has these fitted also Lee on his 8th gem type S.
Or if you can get them still genuin Aspec from Honda I have this set up myself.
But I'm sure honda have discontinued this on the 7th gen now but some dealers might have them still on there shelvs for a steal

Cheers for the replies guys, I know I would be better off with coilovers but I just can't stretch to them the now, hopefully next year I'll get a set.

Mcl9 your car looks to sit well with the HnR springs, good to see it on 18's as it gives me an idea of what I'm looking for. Cheers.

But anyway because of double wishbone suspension on Accord you can't get it too low! Because upper arm will hit the tower if you put it too low! I have sicked with Bilstein B6 + H&R (Blue springs). That is optimal drop!