What's new

Main beam bulb type

S60

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 8 gen
Search has failed me! Can anyone tell me what the main beam bulb model is?

Had them out and it's not an H7! Want to get some night breakers for it.

Scott if you mean your normal driving beam and not high beam its H1
I also think high beam is also H1 as well just like the 7th gen

Scott if you mean your normal driving beam and not high beam its H1
I also think high beam is also H1 as well just like the 7th gen

It's the High beam mate! Ive xenons or HID's on the dipped!

Cheers

Scott

It's the High beam mate! Ive xenons or HID's on the dipped!

Cheers

Scott
Im sure there H1 but just take one out as there easy not like the dipped beam.It will say on the body of the lamp what type they are just to make sure.

would H1 hids be just plug and play or is there some modding to do ??

Plug and play I would say.
TBO there is not much point doing your high beam as you very rarely use the.

Plug and play I would say.
TBO there is not much point doing your high beam as you very rarely use the.

i ment my head lamp bulbs was goin to order some of ebay but didnt want to waste my money if they didnt work

also of topic what grill do you have brett ?

i ment my head lamp bulbs was goin to order some of ebay but didnt want to waste my money if they didnt work

also of topic what grill do you have brett ?
Adam yes the H1 for the 8th gen are just plug and play the same as the 7th gen.
The only problem as why i haven't fitted them is getting to the bulbs themselves.
The easiest way is to take the bumper off and remove the headlights :(
My grill is a genuine sports grill brought and fitted by HH but there not cheap around £400.
PS if you have the lane ***istance feature on your car then this grill will not fit as it gets in the way of the sensor.

ok thanks for the info i really like the grill you have i also like the GT tourer grill which is gold chrome as for takin the bumper of i did mine after only 3 days of havin the car really easy to do i did it whilst it was raining lol
20120718_193405.jpg

ok thanks for the info i really like the grill you have i also like the GT tourer grill which is gold chrome as for takin the bumper of i did mine after only 3 days of havin the car really easy to do i did it whilst it was raining lol
20120718_193405.jpg
Easy then Adam have a look at James DIY

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/9016-8th-gen-hid-install/

cheers for that do you no what ebay seller he used as goin to order some today

cheers for that do you no what ebay seller he used as goin to order some today
These are the ones o brought for my 7th gen but there are hundreds to choose from.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H1-Conversion-Kit-Mini-Ballast-Bulb-And-Decoder-/330443351046?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ceff56406

cheers brett iv ordered some but im worried that cause they dont have the decoder on im goin to have a light on dash or they wont work ? will this happen or not cheers

There fine mate our lights are not cambus

fitted my hids yesterday cant belive how easy they are to fit id say about 2 hours to do them

fitted my hids yesterday cant belive how easy they are to fit id say about 2 hours to do them
Nice one Adam did you take the lights out to get to the bulbs.

yes mate removed head lights cant belive how easy they are to do even the hid packs sit under the head lights out the way

Nice one Adam i might do this myself is it easy to get the bumper off.

you would be suprised how easy it is clips across the top a screw on each side of wheel arch and more clips across the bottom put a cover on the floor saves markin your bumper and then pull on the sides near the wheel arch till it pops out unplug fogs and parkin sensors if fitted.head lights have 4 bolts each. 2 on top 1 on side and 1 on front unplug all the plugs think about 5 then fit hids then build it back up

you would be suprised how easy it is clips across the top a screw on each side of wheel arch and more clips across the bottom put a cover on the floor saves markin your bumper and then pull on the sides near the wheel arch till it pops out unplug fogs and parkin sensors if fitted.head lights have 4 bolts each. 2 on top 1 on side and 1 on front unplug all the plugs think about 5 then fit hids then build it back up
Great as i need to take my bumper off to fit my new cold air intake duct.So this will good practise for me :)

yer man do it really easy only tools needed are phillips screwdriver and flat blade screwdriver maybe a trim tool i didnt i used a big flat blade screwdriver

yer man do it really easy only tools needed are phillips screwdriver and flat blade screwdriver maybe a trim tool i didnt i used a big flat blade screwdriver
Nice one mate just need to wait for my bits to turn up now.I might even get some HID'S as well ;)

Nice one mate just need to wait for my bits to turn up now.I might even get some HID'S as well ;)

night breakers turned up with two extra sidelight bulbs in blue. How easy are they to fit? Was gonna see how they looked!

Very easy mate nothing like the normal beam a 5 min job.

Even easer Scote it's near the main beam bulb in the same part of the light cluster.

i got my hand stuck when i changed the n/s side light bulb lol