What's new

Major Service

AlanS

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 EX Tourer ADAS
Since the ownership of the Accord a couple of weeks ago, i've already covered a few K miles.
so i'm planning to do a major service at 62K miles, 59k at present.
things that i'll be getting done are as follows:

Air filter
Pollen filter
Oil & filter change
ATF & filter (not sure how much ATF fluid do i need?)
Brake fluid (Again how much do i need?)
Spark plugs (Irdium)
Fuel filter

will be getting the parts from HH.

so now where should i take the car to get the work done?
thought of using dealers but heard too many people with bad experience.
can someone recommed a reputable garage around the Manchester area, or even a good mechanic?
i dont mind traveling to get the job done properly.

thanks
Alan

Alan if your handy with the spanners do it yourself.
these cars are very easy to work on.

Alan HH's workshop is very highly recommended by forum members (although not been myself yet as I mostly do my own).

If you have 3k miles still to go why not get it done at the HH forum meet in October?

I've done oil& filter changes before on my previous car but never been confident to do the brakes, all I prob need is someone to show me once to give an idea.

Cliff- I didn't know there's a meet in October, if I don't reach 62k before the meet I'll definitely up for it.
If I do exceeds then just looking for other options.

You could maybe knock a few jobs off the list yourself then and leave the ones you don't fancy. Some of them are in the back of the Owner's manual.

If you want to have a go at the brakes you just need one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIZIBLEED-ONE-MAN-BRAKE-CLUTCH-BLEEDING-TOOL-NEW-/140577172000?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item20bb0d6a20#ht_1265wt_900

I got one from Halfords this week to replace my old one. The instructions on how to do the job are on the back of the box and there is info on the forum about bleed sequences etc. Difficulty wise it's about the same as an oil and filter change.

[I've done the jobs on your list apart from fuel filter - did MTF & clutch fluid change instead of ATF. Haven't decided whether to DIY the fuel filter or not but will probably have a go. Have also changed coolant + battery + had aircon regas. Still need to do valve clearances].

i've just orderd

Air Filter
Oil Filter
Fuel Filter
Pollen Filter
ATF Filter
3x 1L ATF Fluid (£10.70 a bottle)
5L Coolant
4x Spark Plug
1.5L Brake Fluid

all for £210 from HH with the discount, not a bad price i think for oem parts?

also quoted £460 for the 72.5K service which includes all above bit except ATF filter and Coolant.

going to DIY myself apart from the brake fluid and fuel filter change prob which i'll take it to a local garage to do.

good man Alan your going to be busy.