What's new

Malfunction indicator light

bbsheppo

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type R
After just having a new front caliper replaced today on my ATR I've only driven 1 mile from the garage when the malfunction indicator light came on the dash. This has never come on before. When I pulled up to some nearby traffic lights I noticed the idle was dropping to almost stalling. Wondered if anyone has any idea what it could be?

i would start with ECU reset and it should come off. but u have to do it by exact steps. worked on pretty much friends cars. (all honda)

nope but its symptoms of emergency mode in ECU. ECU reset could solve it

or i would try to get error code. depends how they changed calipers (i mean if they was doing something with main brake valve etc.). i prefer to do it personally and u are sure everything u did was for your own good.

I don't know the H22 engine but if they were near the brake fluid reservoir or booster (if replacing fluid) maybe they knocked a vacuum line which is causing the engine to lean out at idle.

As the throttle plate is effectively closed at idle, a vacuum leak has greater potential to bring unmetered air into the engine by other means causing it to stall or run roughly and maybe set a lean code. The engine vacuum remains unchanged behind the closed throttle plate so it will still try and draw air from anywhere, a small hose will do just fine.

As the throttle plate opens during acceleration the unmetered air become negligible as a percentage of the air being drawn in ( as the throttle is fully open) then the air will enter here unrestricted albeit metered and therefore fuelled correctly.

Yeah they also did replace the fluid. Its back in tomorrow so I'll keep you posted.

well its not that big issue. glad its just this simple thing