What's new

Manifold Identification

Morrisey

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
I've been looking everywhere through the forum but can't find what I'm after - does anyone have pictures to represent the difference between both new & old type manifolds (in situ, viewing from the engine bay)?

...with this aid, all potential second hand buyers could also evaluate whether they would need replacing in the future.

That would be very handy for everyone.

Good idea.

Having just been for a peep under the bonnet with a torch, there's a (relatively inaccessible) pressed steel heat shield over the manifold that might prevent an at-a-glance identification. Unless someone can tell us different...

Can anyone help us out with this...
Paul the old version are 2 ends welded together and the new design is 1 single part with no weld.

Are any pics available from above or below the engine bay? ...is it possible to visually check?

On the old type there is a weld line which goes round the length of the manifold. This is the only pics I could find of the old one on here.
old manifold

On the new manifold it's a one piece casting so there is no weld lines.
New manifold

Hope that helps a bit. Sorry but I couldn't find any photos of the manifolds on the car. If you can't see from below the engine you will need to remove the heat shield above which will give you a clearer view.

Thanks Matt, will check it out whilst doing a service later today (if my fingers can withstand the cold).