What's new

Manifolds...It seems like a minefield

CL9'er

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL9 Accord Type S
Hi Folks,

I'm looking to get some power gains on my CL9 and could do with some direction as to which OEM changes allow for the best improvements in power. I already have a stainless exhaust and Injen CAI and would like to upgrade the intake manifold to increase the drivability of the car. The improvement doesn't necessarily have to offer the highest power gains at the top end but i'm interested to find out what units you guys have had experience with and what units will offer the best improvements across the rev range, torque and peak power.. I have also been looking at a Mugen exhaust manifold from an FD2 and was hoping for some input on this too..

Thanks for your input :)

Interesting read that, thank you!

I had seen this reflash and wondered how different it would be to my current remap. Could you pm me pricing and info regarding where this can be done please UKCL9

I'm in south west Scotland but if it changes the car that much, a drive would be worth it and I'm interested :)

Also, will the new map work with any further modifications I choose to do after it's done? Or if I am looking at after market components like the littlebo header and cams will I still need to go Kpro? (lol, and which ECU will I need at that point!)

sorry for all the questions, love the car..frustrated at it's obviously factory restricted performance

Many thanks - Phil

im littlebo uk dealer.

what remap do you have at the moment?

i can reflash for normal bolt on's like intake,header,exhaust.which can be fitted after the reflash as the ecu will adapt.

i also can reflash if you decide to add 07+ tsx intake cam and TB at a later date.

but if you wish to change vtc you will need tsx ecu and flashpro which is about £800 fitted without a custom tune.but by this point swaping the gears for ep3 gears would be money better spent than tsx ecu..in my opinoin

i also have a test ecu for you to try before you buy,that i can send you in the post

Hi CL9,

Interested in trying the test ecu, please message me with anything you need (deposit details etc) and I will PM my address etc to you.

Apparently the map on my current ecu is a Honda update from a more recent incarnation of the K24 than I have.

Mate said to me that some 2002/2004 models have writeable ecu's and mine is one of them (but I still want more out of the car so lets give this a try!!)

Any other suggestions you may have to increase drivability I'm all ears (also appx. cost on ep3 gears, deffo interested in closer gearing)

Cheers - Phil