What's new

Manual Heater Controls to Electronic Heater Controls

aire91

Members
Reaction score
Car
'02 1.8 Sport
Has anyone ever done this?

Basically just bought the electronic climate control from a Type V 6th gen to put into my 1.8 Sport?

I understand the manual heater control has some mechanical parts connecting to the heater control knob and such.

Do-able? or have I just wasted some moola?

This what I've bought \/ (excuse the stereo)

21or961.jpg

No experience with this myself, I would imagine they are different, as you can see the back of the climate unit it just plug and play sockets, I would have a look at the ESM manual and see what the connectors are like.

I can't imagine this being plug and play. With the same swap in the ek civic 96-00, you had to replace even the whole blower unit and interior wire harness. I wouldn't underestimate it ;)

Yeah I would have thought it'd be the same situation as the Civic. I haven't actually received the climate control unit yet, will check & revert. Anyone have an ESM at hand?? Or know where I can get hold of one?

@exec yeah I don't see any plug & play harness in the console either so I'm guessing it'll be a dash job. I'm quite set on seeing this through so will post up a DIY if I can get all parts required.

Cheers guys!

Had a good rummage in the dash to see what parts I need, the swap requires a digital blower unit instead of ****ogue. Mechanical lines running to the input module need to be removed and loom for blower unit added. I will be going ahead with this and will post up a DIY in the near future :)

Thanks for all the help guys.