What's new

Manual transmission fluid change

civicric84

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CU1
Hi,

As me mentioned above planning on doing a transmission fluid change but have a question. Are the replacement washers for the drain, check bolt and filler bolts the same as the one for the oil sump washer?

I read some where that they were 6mm , 14mm and 20mm but also heard you can use the oil sump washer?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Richard.

Honda do the change for £75 fixed price, so might be worth getting it done there.

Definitely do it yourself if you can. Honda's are a breeze to work on, plus you can make sure all bolts are tighten/torqued up to your satisfaction rather relying on a someone else.

14mm is for the oil drain
20mm is for the gearbox drain and fill I believe
Not sure if its the same with the petrol though

not sure where the 6mm washers are used?

Yeah I do my own oil changes. So I know what you mean.

The bonus of getting the dealer to do it is if something goes wrong you have a guarantee, whereas if you break it yourself you have to pay for it...

I agree with accord_n2. Great working on your own accord, you get to learn about engines and you know that things are done a certain way if you do it yourself. But at same time i understand what rich is saying.

Will give holdcroft a ring to find out size of washers. I think the 6mm is for the overflow/inspection screw above the drain bolt.

Does anyone have the discount code?

No code at the moment, just ask for Gareth or Lee in parts, and ask for type accord discount.

This is something I've been considering. My gear change has been notchy and I want to put in some Liquid Gold aka Evolution 1. Is there a link to a procedure anywhere?
Is it a do-able diy job?