What's new

Misted headlamps - bulletin / recall

Well i had a call this morning from Honda UK and they have completely washed there hands off the problem and said that they have never heard of further problems after the recal and clips being installed.
We all know that this is clearly not the case and just reading this thread and a quick google search reveals quite the opposite to what Honda are saying.
As far as im concerned, My car has had the clips fitted to the car in 2007 and the lights still condensate and it is a manufacturing defect and possibly dangerous should they completely mist over at night or worst case scenario blow a bulb due to water ingress on a motorway at night.
My lights have been doing it for so long now there are tide marks inside the lenses. It is completely unacceptable for Honda to expect me to fork out in excess of £600 to replace the lights due to a problem that they were aware of from the begining. (hence the recall)
I know i could remove the lights from my car and split and reseal them myself for peanuts and a bit of elbow grease but should i really have to.??
Honda can expect a strongly worded letter in the new year and plenty more until my lights are replaced FOC.If anyone else is in the same situation as myself please mention so on this thread and perhaps we could all put our names on a petition and forward it to Honda and hound them until they take action.

Crespo, this is the response I got from Honda as well on my 53 Tourer. It has only 25,000 miles on it and the Honda web site said that I was due a free fix. Even though it had been serviced annually by Honda Ewell they had not done the clips. The offside is not too bad but the nearside is 50% covered by water droplets and in my opinion is a safety hazard. Perhaps we should see how many people we can get together and approach Honda as a group.

Good idea. Im guessing that there are quite a few more owners in the same boat.

Perhaps we should start a new thread for other owners with the same problem to sign in to and ask the mods to make it a sticky to gain as many signitures as we can. That way it will be difficult for Honda to real out the "your the only one to complain" line that seems to be there get out of jail free card they have used on you and i.

Well i had a call this morning from Honda UK and they have completely washed there hands off the problem and said that they have never heard of further problems after the recal and clips being installed.
We all know that this is clearly not the case and just reading this thread and a quick google search reveals quite the opposite to what Honda are saying.
As far as im concerned, My car has had the clips fitted to the car in 2007 and the lights still condensate and it is a manufacturing defect and possibly dangerous should they completely mist over at night or worst case scenario blow a bulb due to water ingress on a motorway at night.
My lights have been doing it for so long now there are tide marks inside the lenses. It is completely unacceptable for Honda to expect me to fork out in excess of £600 to replace the lights due to a problem that they were aware of from the begining. (hence the recall)
I know i could remove the lights from my car and split and reseal them myself for peanuts and a bit of elbow grease but should i really have to.??
Honda can expect a strongly worded letter in the new year and plenty more until my lights are replaced FOC.If anyone else is in the same situation as myself please mention so on this thread and perhaps we could all put our names on a petition and forward it to Honda and hound them until they take action.

I just got turned down by Honda UK yesterday, my local dealer put my case forward. Im based in Newcastle. They said it was because the car was out of warrantee. I'm going to try silica gel because apparently that's what Honda are using in their new cars. Can't believe a company like Honda can't design a headlight unit!!!