What's new

Mk 7 2.4 petrol automatic tourer stereo.

BobN1895

Reaction score
Car
2.4 exec automatic
Hi guys, just a quick question. Can you straight swap the sat nav head unit (type C) for the non sat nav (type B). I notice that all the controls are the same for the Air con and what have you and I'm having no end of bother with the original head unit. I realise would have to do away with the DVD player underneath. It really doesn't bother me having it as I have a much better Garmin sat nav that I use as a matter of course anyway. Anyone done this? Any pointers or advice gratefully received. I'm new to this Honda Accord scene (converted Beemer freak).

I'm think you need to replace the sat nav unit with the "Premium Audio System" version. The display in the middle of the dash will not work and you'll need the storage unit to replace where the DVD was.
What issues are you having with the current unit?

Nothing really except the sat nav is total garbage. I just dont use it. My OE unit is the large screened Type c will the Type B just slot straight in?
To be honest I think I'll stick with the original and fit an aux/ usb cable. I'm just a bit of a gadget freak and was spoilt a bit with the beemer.