What's new

Mk1 accord

chrisjc

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord mk1
Hey guys my sills are pretty rotted on my 1st gen Accord, I live in the Isle of Man so no parts here. Is there anyone who would have some sills in the U.K. I could buy? Happy to come collect or post them.

Can you just come over and smuggle me back with you. Early June would be perfect.

Having owned a Mk1 saloon/sedan for a couple of years in the early 90s (aircon Hong Kong ), the sills are the least of your worries.

Check for moisture/corrosion in the boot area, especially around the bottom of the rear window as the whole back end can fall off them if you fill the tank up.

I got a Scirocco Storm Mk1 to make up for it (which rusted away two years later , but that is entirely another forum).

Lovely cars.

Yeah the boot and rear of the car is fine, so is the front. The sills have rotted on the offside at the rear wheel arch so I just want to replace both. During TT week in June I get loads of bikers asking questions about my car and telling me how they used to have one 'back in the day'. Love my car and it's my daily so I need to keep it fighting fit!
d12f16138657f151784bb4540a690753.jpg

Hi chrisjc i have 2 brand new sills which i purchased recently from a guy who had them in storage for the past 20 years, still got stickers on them, but i also have a Mk1 which im rebuilding but my sills are fineish, only thing i can suggest is i have the Genuine sills here so i may be able to help you and get a fabricator to make some up using my ones as template. Otherwise you will never find any body panels for this car believe you me, i had to order my front panel from Australia along with other bits n pieces. these cars are literaaly none existent anymore, BUT ITS NICE TO KNOW YOU GOT YOURS ON A EVERYDAY RUN.

Cheers bud, after talking to my mrs I think it's time to just move on and get something more 'sensible'. Putting the whole car for sale for £500 if anyone is interested. Taxed, working, just rusty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would have to get the ferry or plane from Liverpool, car will drive anywhere in the U.K. And is fully taxed so just a boat trip...

Txt me on 07624230670, I work nightshift so anytime after 3pm would be great. I'll give you proper details on the car that way.