What's new

more then just a remap

nickkk

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord
I know the 2.2 tourer is never going to be a hot hatch but im worrying that coming from a fast hatch back to a big estate might be a boring drive! and i love driving!

has anyone ever done more then just a remap?
-how is the airbox on the accord, restrictive?
-how many cat's does it have and surely removing it would help the turbo spool!?
-i would persume the intercooler is a decent size for a 2.2l or could it be uprated?
-getting abit extreame now but once all the above is done a hybird or bigger turbo would be needed for extra gains, then exhaust, down pipe, injectors, fuel pump would need doing! (getting expensive!) then probably need a lsd to keep the power down!!

oh and obviously are uprated clutches available for the accord :p

also ive never been a fan of catorgorising remaps 'stage 1, stage 2...' , but has anyone got a stage 2 or more and what does it consist of?

You have to remember you are driving around in 1.5 tonnes of family estate. A remap brings the engine to life, and a bit of stiffened suspension makes it more fun to throw around corners.

Andy (Monks) has played with bigger intercoolers but I doubt a bigger turbo would be worth the engineering even if it were feasible. But yes you can make them bigger.

I would be more concerned about the transmission giving way under the strain; and our gearing is certainly not suitable - hell, I hardly spend any time in 2nd or 4th.

I had a stage 2 for a while and the difference wasn't huge. The S1 is a must, the S2 for a Saloon just out of warranty.

You have to remember you are driving around in 1.5 tonnes of family estate. A remap brings the engine to life, and a bit of stiffened suspension makes it more fun to throw around corners.

Andy (Monks) has played with bigger intercoolers but I doubt a bigger turbo would be worth the engineering even if it were feasible. But yes you can make them bigger.

I would be more concerned about the transmission giving way under the strain; and our gearing is certainly not suitable - hell, I hardly spend any time in 2nd or 4th.

I had a stage 2 for a while and the difference wasn't huge. The S1 is a must, the S2 for a Saloon just out of warranty.

is the stage 2 just abit more fierce then the stage 1 then?

im not expecting a track slag but just a car with the power to show the *** boys they dont own the world :lol:

theres alot of big heavy family wagons with very powerful engines that can really shift, i cant see any reason why the accord cant be capable, given the vunerable componants are delt with.

are uprated clutches available as replacing the clutch seems likely unless it was recently done by the previous owner?

just out of interest does anyone know of anyone thats done a 1/4mile in a remapped 2.2icdti?

^^ i think your expecting way to much form that derv.. what you need then is a comodore v8 hemi tourer.. rear wheel drive... 500 ponie and a lot of muscle

failing that then the 2.4 tourer lots of tuning available for that....but the 2.2 diesel is just not worth the money for all the mods u want to do

anyway thats just my opinion :)

To be honest Annie is right, you're expecting a bit too much. It's a very capable engine and the power gains are more than respectable, fantastic even. But it's still a 4 cylinder turbo diesel. You can hit the 200bhp mark quite easily with a decent remap and a decat - but the standard clutch is likely to give in within a year I would say.

Over 200bhp will mean better FMIC, turbo upgrades and possibly injectors plus clutch as a minimum. Anything is possible, and if you have the money to throw at it.. then give it a go and let us know how you get on ;)

The civic chaps have gone a bit further than any accord I know of, they got results around the 220 mark with torque around 350ftlb. But the concensus was that was the limit and to go there they installed FMIC, full decat, kevlar clutch / uprated pressure plate and of course then a bespoke rollingroad remap. Massive issue would be cost to get those gains some would say its worth it some would not.

The problem with the tourer diesel is its handling no matter the power your always gonna be on the back foot. If you want a more exciting drive it would be better after a remap to concentrate on some of the various chassis mods available.