What's new

Mot advisory

Diesel Dave

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord tourer
Hi can any one give me a heads up what these are and are they difficult to replace on a accord tourer , got a few advisories from mot want to see if i can do them myself or not.

the advisories were

Nearside Front front bush Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
Offside Front front bush Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
thanks

Dave, I bought new suspension arms for mine from Euro Car Parts they were half the price than the dealers at about £25 each, each one took about 30 mins to change, I would have a go if I was you, I am sure there is a guide somewhere on here that shows you how to replace the top arms.

That would be the upper control arms?

But the MOT advisory might be the ARB bushes or even compliance bushes? Hard to be sure... all these things are common wear items!

Might be best to ask the MOT station for clarification.

The wifes Jazz has had "advisories" on the front lower suspension bush for the last five years, but still it keeps passing at the same MOT STATION!! wait until you hear a clonking noise from the front then will be the time to do something about it. I reckon Jap rubber is soft on the outside and tough as old boots on the inside. LOL Usually it's the rear stab bar rubbers that give up the ghost first on the tourer

Recently changed the lower control arm on my sisters civic ep3, orignally bought just the bush but its a pain to push out. at £60 for the whole arm you can't complain.

I agree, as you need the pressing tool to press out the bushes, the pressing tool will cost you nearly £100 for a good universal one, but you probably only use it for next few time? Better just pay for someone sort you out this kind of joby.