What's new

MOT Failure

dave0922

Members
Reaction score
Car
99 Accord ES, F18B2
Mornin all.

Just back from MOT with a lovelly red refusal form!

Failed on the following:

1: Nearside Front Headlamp Aim Too Low

2: Nearside Front Brake Binding

3: Exhaust Emissions Lambda Reading After 2nd Fast Idle, Outside Specified Limits (0.3 over)

So been quoted £170 for caliper rebuild, new front pads and new lambda sensor, all inclusive of parts, labour and VAT. I dont think that it is a bad price to be honest.

Oh,also a free partial re-test and the headlamp adjustment is free also.

So, hey-ho, another blow to the wallet but I suppose it could have been worse on an 11 year old car!

Yep £170 is a good deal to keep the car on the road for another year.

OEM sensor is £250 odd on its own I think.
Yeh, I know. Not sure what brand it will be but he ***ured me that they were very good quality and that it will solve the problem. To be honest, as long as it passes emissions thats all that matters to me. I should have changed it when I changed the front pipe but cash was tight so didnt bother. Probably disturbed the internals when I removed it. I think it was the original from manufacture.

could of been alot worse :blush:

1: Nearside Front Headlamp Aim Too Low (easy fix, just need to turn a screw on the headlamp lol )

2: Nearside Front Brake Binding (mite be able to work it free but a rebuild is a much better way)

3: Exhaust Emissions Lambda Reading After 2nd Fast Idle, Outside Specified Limits (0.3 over) ( the lamda sensor is old and tierd, best get a new 1 in there save any trouble later and a wee ckeeky drop of redex in the tank would be a good move ;) before its retest )

for 170 bucks, its a good MOT for a 11yr old car! Honda FTW

Update.

New Lambda Sensor, Calipers refurbished and Headlight alignment sorted. Nice green certificate with no other advisories. Happy Honda Again!

Nice one Dave. I had MOTs like that about 3 years running with my 6th gen - fail cert. but only £50-£150 repairs to keep it running - you could go on for ever like that!

No other advisories on an 11 year old car???? B)

A real testament to Honda quality, that is.

Now you carry on buzzing the martello towers :D