What's new

MP3 tracklistings

Stephen B

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 EX Manual
Right, I finally got round to digging out the manual to see if I could get my tracks to play in order from my USB stick. I had already faffed around with the folder random and track random options in car and the manual appears to offer no additional solution to my problem.

I'm sure it used to play correctly and was pretty sure it must have been something I done accidentally in the past. All files appear in order when I look at them in windows but all album tracks are played out of sequence in the car :)

Anyone shed any light ?

Right, I finally got round to digging out the manual to see if I could get my tracks to play in order from my USB stick. I had already faffed around with the folder random and track random options in car and the manual appears to offer no additional solution to my problem.

I'm sure it used to play correctly and was pretty sure it must have been something I done accidentally in the past. All files appear in order when I look at them in windows but all album tracks are played out of sequence in the car :)

Anyone shed any light ?
Im having a guess but your player is not playing the tracks in jumble mode sorry i cant remember the correct term :rolleyes:

Shuffle ...

usure if you guys are taking the ****, so just for clarification

I have disabled both random modes on the system and they still play in an unwanted order, there is no mention of "shuffle", "jumble" or anything else that I can see in car or in the manual :)

were not taken the p fella just trying to help maybe the system only see it in alphabetical order. to be honest there must be a logical answer to why it is doing this.

Clutching at straws here but does it play them like the after market Xcarlink does in date order. Even though my tracks appear in alphabetical order in Windows the Xcarlink in my 7th gen seems to play them in the order in which the mp3 was created.

It's something to do with the unit and reading in date order. Look at something like drivesort as this is supposed to work. I've tried it on my 250gb HDR in there and it worked once, but I've fiddled since.

Speaking about mp3's and offtopic:

Is there a fix to display the full ***le of the songs ? It seems that all the song ***les are truncated to 16 characters. Sorry if this is a repost. New on forum.

Thanks

Speaking about mp3's and offtopic:

Is there a fix to display the full ***le of the songs ? It seems that all the song ***les are truncated to 16 characters. Sorry if this is a repost. New on forum.

Thanks

Hi Geordy and welcome to TA.

Dont think you can fix them. Depending on the originating file name, thats what displays on the console. Doesnt matter what you rename it to, it will default to the originating file name - least thats what I have found with my experience unless someone can offer a different occurrence.

from what i understand, the play back is in order at which the files were copied to the device.

I use an 8gb usb stick just for ease to add new tracks too, now on the computer all albums are in A-Z order, but when i plug it into the car they're all over the place. If you copy a complete album over it should play in order.

The track names display as to what i change them too, so again strange if yours doesn't. Although i never look at these as I have the map on constant.

from what i understand, the play back is in order at which the files were copied to the device.

I use an 8gb usb stick just for ease to add new tracks too, now on the computer all albums are in A-Z order, but when i plug it into the car they're all over the place. If you copy a complete album over it should play in order.

The track names display as to what i change them too, so again strange if yours doesn't. Although i never look at these as I have the map on constant.

This is an old post, but just reading through it now. The computer decides which order it saves albums to the USB. The car then reads back in the same order, which may appear almost in order but not quite. Most USB's default to FAT file system You need a programme such as FAT Sorter, which I have, it is a free download. http://fenux.net/story/fatsorteroneohfour. Put your music on to the USB, and let FAT Sorter sort it on there. The only quirk is "The Rolling Stones" are filed under T.